• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've stopped unlocking characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaticBoar

Smash Rookie
Hey all, hows it going?
The last few hours of playing I haven't unlocked any new characters while playing smash mode. To start with I was unlocking them every 3-4 games and now I've probably done 30 games in a row without any unlocks. Is this a bug any of you have experienced or do i need to play the other modes?
Thanks all, big love

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My best guess is that you should have them all. If that's not the case then it must be some bug because you are allowed to challenge new fighters in smash mode.

C52G

Smash Rookie
IIRC it's based on distance moved and the requirements continue to increase after you unlock a certain amount of characters so if you're unlocking through playing very short matches or just SD'ing then that's why you've hit a wall.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm assuming you haven't unlocked all the characters else you wouldn't ask this question.

A likely scenario is that you've failed to unlock some characters by being defeated by them in their unlock fight. In this case you won't be able to rematch them by doing regular battles in Smash modes; you will have to go to the Challenger's Approach option in Games & more. When choosing this option you'll get the opportunity to fight a challenger you've previously lost to, and as far as I'm aware it's the only way to unlock characters you already lost to (besides unlocking them in World of Light). If you lose again against a character in Challenger's Approach, you'll have to wait for ten minutes before being able to challenge them again.

dragonknightx3

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming you haven't unlocked all the characters else you wouldn't ask this question.

A likely scenario is that you've failed to unlock some characters by being defeated by them in their unlock fight. In this case you won't be able to rematch them by doing regular battles in Smash modes; you will have to go to the Challenger's Approach option in Games & more. When choosing this option you'll get the opportunity to fight a challenger you've previously lost to, and as far as I'm aware it's the only way to unlock characters you already lost to (besides unlocking them in World of Light). If you lose again against a character in Challenger's Approach, you'll have to wait for ten minutes before being able to challenge them again.
Hello my friend
Here is my situation that i lost my second chance to beat them again at a mini door on game&mode. I have been waiting a day but they didn't come out. I fighted many mashes hope they come out but nothing happened. Anyone had fixed it. Please help me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom