• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've played some Project M and I absolutely fell in love with Link

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
How does the charater play? Is he hard to master? Is Link a technical character? A mind gaming character? What is the essence of Link in Project M?

What should I focus on to improve my Link play?

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
All you have said is needed to do Great with link.
How to use him? Well you can play with him anyway you want that's just how flexible link is, but Imo how i play with him is the way he plays in his own game.

Which i mean by, studying my match ups, knowing which items are more effective then racking up damage and finish them off.

its basically A-B-C style but its a wayyy more in depth style due to the fact that i use almost all his Ats from Melee to Brawl making my link an Technical fast paced play style.

Look at a lot of styles such as Skler, Aniki, Smasher, and my favorite The Germ to see different link styles and take what you like from each player and make your own style.
Have fun

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For strictly P:M Link success, you can look at Hylian and InternetExplorer, who I think are the current fore bearers of the Project M Link metagame. Hylian in particular highlights some of the things that Link can do with the new system Changes.

If you still want to look at someone from the Melee side, you have people like J666 (or J.shadows on the boards) from California, Stro who I believe is from either North East Ohio (NEOH) / Pittsburgh (PGH) and the Link main whose name escapes me that had Hungrybox on the ropes. I believe Florida.

Top Bottom