• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've just realized that I don't know how to DI properly.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
Hello.

As the title says I'm not completely sure how to DI properly. I've always used just my analog stick to DI and then used a momentum canceling move(Dair). But what I'm somewhat confused about is how to get the best DI possible. I've seen a lot of videos but they NEVER tell you what to actually do.

From the information that I've heard it's to my understanding that to get the best DI you Tap both the analog stick and the Cstick up+right/left for a second then you do your momentum canceling move, is this correct?

PS. I tried using the search tool but for some reason it wasn't working for me.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
U basically aim for the corner, IE if u get hit upwards smash right with control stick, if u get hit to the side u smash up, i heard C stick helps but i've never had the need to use it. Instead i use my Cstick for the aerial of my choice for canceling momentum, in Kirby's case this is Dair.

Top Bottom