• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've hit a plateau, and I can't seem to improve

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Hello,

I have been playing Marth for 3 or so years alongside Lucario and a 3rd main (MK/Ike/Wolf). Marth is the character I've been most successful with. I tend to pla vs. CPUs, but about 6 months ago, I started using Wifi.

However, I have hit a plateau, not just with Marth, but with Lucario and MK/Ike/Wolf as well.

I know Marth's combos/grab releases/frame data/etc, and I know how to use them (and I implement them as well), but I still can't seem to win matches vs. my friends (wifi). They seem to know what I'm going to do, no matter what.

How can I improve? I'm quite sick of getting beaten over and over.

BTW I'm not sure if this'll help, but my friends play

Marth
Diddy Kong
Snake
R.O.B
Olimar
Ice Climbers (the most aggravating one, I just tend to drop my controller and let them 3 stock me).
Peach
Zero Suit Samus
Falco
Fox
Meta Knight (ironically, this is the match up that I struggle least with xD).

I would use the allisbrawl ladder, but the site is down for some reason :(

C.J.

Smash Master
"I'm losing, how do I stop"

You should give us things that are happening in game that you struggle to beat/deal with, certain characters' tools that are giving you issue, etc.
You can't just say "fix this computer" without telling someone what specifically you want fixed.

When you do post those other things, use the question thread, the social thread, or upload a match and put it in the video critique thread.

Triferen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tryptocaine
3DS FC
4038-6598-3625
I have the same problem you do haha. I'd like to play against other Marth users, would you add me? 1378-9625-6340

Esquire1998

Smash Rookie
Just work on tipping and keeping them away from you. If they are camping you out then slowly navigate and plot a way to get inside and regain momentum. Grab releases are so good because they are free damage and are guaranteed if you don't make a mistake, what makes this even better is Marth's grab range/pivot grab range.

I'm not a top playing Marth but I feel that guaranteed is much better. It comes back to what C.J. said.

"I'm losing, how do I stop"

You should give us things that are happening in game that you struggle to beat/deal with, certain characters' tools that are giving you issue, etc.
You can't just say "fix this computer" without telling someone what specifically you want fixed.

When you do post those other things, use the question thread, the social thread, or upload a match and put it in the video critique thread.
CJ : I didn't mean to reply, I just don't know how to show what you said without replying,sorry.

Top Bottom