• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've hit a brick wall; I need an adult.

Shishka Hinazuki

Smash Rookie
I have finally reached the point of changing my name to Murphy.
It is an equation that I have been a variable of, my whole life.

"Anything that can possibly go wrong, WILL!"

For example.
I have been working on SmashBrosMelee, since 12/31/17.
I have about fifty different GC-Tools; which will not inject a single thing, (SFX,BGM, GRPHX) Nor, will it patch, ANY of the thirteen copies of Melee I have.
I have about 10 GCRebuilders; which will not let me tick the one option that I need to patch the game. [No use game.toc]
I have edited personal music, created the HPS file (which is 11MB [First test run] I'm sure that's the problem; But 20XXTE 4.07++ should be able to add fifty six custom songs) Yet, neither Gc-Tool nor GCR will recognize the HPS when I load up my SSBM root dir.
20XX Music Mngr will load the Iso; but not a single root dir. (OK is greyed out)
When it is done loading the Iso, it does not open the main window, ever, of all time.
I have yet to try DAT Texture Wizard v5.4.
I have followed an unimaginable amount of guides, WORD FOR WORD!
HexEdited so much crap, to the point my brain has popped a fuse or seventeen.
I have been smashing my face, against a brick wall, this entire time.
Worst part is, I have my old burnt DVD of melee with working mods from 2011. (But WiiLens)

"Oh, why do I even bother." - Professor Oak.
/vent

I have two computer rigs.
Win 7 64bit SP1
i7-2600 3.40GHz
8gb RAM
Two HDD 4TB both almost maxed out.

MacBook Pro (13 - Inch, Early 2011)
OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
2.3 GHz i5
4 Gb Ram
320 Gb HDD

Dolphin runs on Win7 to perfection.

Wii is 4.3U
Bootmii as boot2
Homebrew, the works (VC, Emus, just not Riiconnect yet)
Nintendont runs 20XXTE 4.07++ with no errors. (Just need to rebuild my Wavebird)
Usb Loader GX runs my Wii games with no errors.

I have absolutely no idea where to go from this point.
I was trying so hard, to not have to ask for assistance.
But please, ASSISTANCE!

I give for now..
I'm just gonna practice my Fox tech for a while.

Last edited:

Cjag

Smash Cadet
I've read your case and I can tell you're tired of hitting these dead ends, but it's strange how you can't import any of your mods into your copy of Melee. How can nothing work? Is the file or the folder set as read-only? If the game that's being edited is on an SD Card, is the little slider at "lock"? If it is, you won't be able to do any changes at all.

I don't know anything about inserting HPS with the 20XX Music Manager, but I have replaced an HPS on a normal Melee ISO once before by replacing it with one that already exists. The HPS must match its name. For example, if you have an HPS that you want for the main menu/character select screen, you'll have to name it exactly the same way as the one you're replacing with so that the game would play it and GCRebuilder could read it. I don't think this applies for the 20XX Audio Manager.

For SFX, you'll have to look at the US folder and replace/edit those since those are the ones that matter when you're playing in English and not JP.

For GFX, you should really get DAT Texture Wizard. It makes inserting and editing textures, icons and such much easier. Plus, it can rebuild your ISO when you insert new files, like new stages, HPS, SSMs and such so you wouldn't have to export the root folder through GCR all the time.

Hope this helps!

Top Bottom