• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've decided upon a team (come look!!) new updates, and a very long RMT thread

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Here we go, after a while of researching and battling, I've finally decided on a team.

Smergle/C.Aizen @ Focus Sash
Evs:252spd/252hp
Jolly Nature
Own Tempo
-----------------------------------
Nasty Plot
Spore
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

------------------------------------
Smergle puts everything to
sleep the first then, I raise
whatever stat that needs
to be raiseed the next turn,
then I Baton Pass

Moves:

Night Slash
Ice Punch
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

You know this one, it'll get the
Baton Pass and be able to sweep
a little bit like a Weavile should.

Celebi @ Wise Glasses
Rash Nature
Natural Care
EVs:252HP/252spattk/8spd
Moves:

Shadow Ball
Charge Beam
Recover
Psychic

--------------------------------------
Who ever said Celebi was
genderless? It was gonna happen one of
these days I've finally put Celebi
on my Team, she'll get the some speed
and spattack sooo, I really shouldn't
worry about that.. much, Recover
is for when I get a Break.In case
Celebi gets switched in due to a
Whirlwind, or one of my Baton
Passed pokes go down, she'll have
to raise her own spattk.

Moves:

EQ
Explosion
Meteor Mash
Brick Break

---------------------------------------
Meta is my new Barrier Breaker ,
if someone tries to put a a Barrier
Meta will shatter it. It also works
a second Job as a sort of tank.

Moves:

Retrun
Mirror Coat
Drain Punch
Ice Punch

A stabed Return does a LOT
of damage coming from... her.
Mirror Coat is for Special sweepers
and to be honest, Lopunny can survive
an Aura Sphere from a Modest Lucario
with 31 IV in spattk, after Stealth Rock,
so Lopunny works part time as a
Sponge... sort of. Either way, I'm not
getting rid of this poke.

Moves:

Shadow Ball
HP Ice
Emergy Ball
Focus Blast

*Cries* I had to get rid of her,
it was for the best... *sniffle*
Gengar's my fighting resistance
and new sweeper.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, that's my team, I'll take any suggestions and rates, sooooooooooooooo....

fluffy

Smash Champion
for salamence, id run substitute, dd, eq, and dragon claw but thats just an entirely different build. i like the floatzel idea.

D

Deleted member

i dont like lopunny,
id rather u use a focus sash rattata with endeavor and quick attack.
if weavile is getting a baton pass, chople berry is not gonna do anything. is it? as weavile gets 2 koed by ANYTHING

9Kplus1

Smash Master
for salamence, id run substitute, dd, eq, and dragon claw but thats just an entirely different build. i like the floatzel idea.
That's why it's a Mixmence, so I can expand my type coverage and have a slight advantage over, one stat walls.

i dont like lopunny,
id rather u use a focus sash rattata with endeavor and quick attack.
if weavile is getting a baton pass, chople berry is not gonna do anything. is it? as weavile gets 2 koed by ANYTHING
WHY DON'T YOU LIKE LOPUNNY?!

and the Chople Berry lowers fighting moves and that would lower the chance of getting OHKO'd by after the Baton Pass.

D

Deleted member

That's why it's a Mixmence, so I can expand my type coverage and have a slight advantage over, one stat walls.

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE LOPUNNY?!

and the Chople Berry lowers fighting moves and that would lower the chance of getting OHKO'd by after the Baton Pass.
but he would already have damage on him, because when u use baton pass, they get a free hit on weavile which usually does more than 50% damage anyways. then, after u have 50 percent damage on you, the next hit is always gonna be a ko, chople berry or not. Also,why would your opponent use a fighting type move on your floatzel? they would not know if u were gonna switch to weavile. and adamant weaviles will always get pwned anyways

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
First Gardevoir, now Lopunny. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?!??1/!/?!?!

I don't feel like quoting your post and saying good on each one, because they all are.

Actually, a STAB Giga Impact from a Slaking does a LOT of damage.

9/10 :laugh:

Remember my motto...
No team is perfect.

Why? Because every team has a weakness, even if it's a small one.

For example, a Choice Scarf Infernape (or Speed Baton Passed) can sweep your team. (Well, a CS one after some switching)

Flare Blitz = Weavile and Metagross
Close Combat = Weavile, Blissey and your Sexy Girl (I can't blame you ;))
Stone Edge = Weavile and Salamence
Floatzel doesn't have the best Defense, so it can be worn down.

But what are the chances of running into a CS Infernape? Besides, Salamence can help lower it's Attacks, and with predicting like...

Flare Blitz = Salamence
Close Combat = Salamence
Stone Edge = Metagross

...you can wear it down with the help of FB recoil and CC reductions.

That's not the reason your score isn't perfect, though. It's just that you have to go out of your way just to take down an Infernape like that.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

9Kplus1

Smash Master
First Gardevoir, now Lopunny. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?!??1/!/?!?!

I don't feel like quoting your post and saying good on each one, because they all are.

Actually, a STAB Giga Impact from a Slaking does a LOT of damage.

9/10 :laugh:

Remember my motto...
No team is perfect.

Why? Because every team has a weakness, even if it's a small one.

For example, a Choice Scarf Infernape (or Speed Baton Passed) can sweep your team. (Well, a CS one after some switching)

Flare Blitz = Weavile and Metagross
Close Combat = Weavile, Blissey and your Sexy Girl (I can't blame you ;))
Stone Edge = Weavile and Salamence
Floatzel doesn't have the best Defense, so it can be worn down.

But what are the chances of running into a CS Infernape? Besides, Salamence can help lower it's Attacks, and with predicting like...

Flare Blitz = Salamence
Close Combat = Salamence
Stone Edge = Metagross

...you can wear it down with the help of FB recoil and CC reductions.

That's not the reason your score isn't perfect, though. It's just that you have to go out of your way just to take down an Infernape like that.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Thanks W4M and the Gardevoir to Lopunny thing you really don't want to know why I'm into Lopunny now, it will turn your world upside-down, then inside-out then back to normal...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Thanks W4M and the Gardevoir to Lopunny thing you really don't want to know why I'm into Lopunny now, it will turn your world upside-down, then inside-out then back to normal...
OK, then I do NOT want to know.

Oh yeah... I never asked that question, right? And we never had this conversation, OK?

Actually, about the team I'm thinking about... Just between you and me, but...

It might have Gardevoir in it.

Why to people have to see what's in the spoiler tags? I mean, come on, it's not a big deal.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

9Kplus1

Smash Master
OK, then I do NOT want to know.

Oh yeah... I never asked that question, right? And we never had this conversation, OK?

Actually, about the team I'm thinking about... Just between you and me, but...

It might have Gardevoir in it.

Why to people have to see what's in the spoiler tags? I mean, come on, it's not a big deal.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99]
Meh, Lopunny will own her.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Meh, Lopunny will own her.
Technically, Gardevoir has better SpDef and has Calm Mind, so it can make a better Special Wall.

Ya see? The only way I could see that is by highlighting the spoiler tag. That means I'm pathetic.

LOL The only way you can see this is by highlighting it, too. So that's means you're pathetic, too!

...Well, you arn't really pathetic, but I'm just downright disappointed in myself.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

That's stupid. The "wii" in my "Until wii meet again" is seeable even without highlighting. :(

Edit: OK... So it isn't seeable...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Technically, Gardevoir has better SpDef and has Calm Mind, so it can make a better Special Wall.

Ya see? The only way I could see that is by highlighting the spoiler tag. That means I'm pathetic.

LOL The only way you can see this is by highlighting it, too. So that's means you're pathetic, too!

...Well, you arn't really pathetic, but I'm just downright disappointed in myself.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

That's stupid. The "wii" in my "Until wii meet again" is seeable even without highlighting. :(

Edit: OK... So it isn't seeable...

I never said wall, I said a sort of sponge, and a good Giga Impact will OHKO Voir..

The reason I don't like voir anymore is because

I saw a really weird Hentai pic of voir and I stopped after that...

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I never said wall, I said a sort of sponge, and a good Giga Impact will OHKO Voir..

The reason I don't like voir anymore is because

I saw a really weird Hentai pic of voir and I stopped after that...
Oh... We're talking about Lopunny VS. Gardevoir in a 1-on-1 battle.

Well, you got your little point right there.

And Lopunny outspeeds the typical Gardevoir.

But what if Voir is CSed and uses Destiny Bond?

But what are the chances of Voir being Scarfed?

You win this time...

Hmm... Mind if I take Voir, then?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Oh... We're talking about Lopunny VS. Gardevoir in a 1-on-1 battle.

Well, you got your little point right there.

And Lopunny outspeeds the typical Gardevoir.

But what if Voir is CSed and uses Destiny Bond?

But what are the chances of Voir being Scarfed?

You win this time...

Hmm... Mind if I take Voir, then?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
Go ahead.....

9Kplus1

Smash Master
YES!

Ahem! I mean...

I will gladly accept her, then. It was nice doing business with you, Celebi.

Now that we have THAT out of our system, let's go back to your team.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(, *ahem* I mean, I have no more feelings .... for ... Gardevoir *cries spontaniously* Anyway, anything else?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
How about moving some EVs from Attack to Special Defense on your Lohoney? (Get it? Lopunny? Lohoney?) Lopunny already has a decent base 96 SpDef, so with Bulk Up passes from Floatzel, not only will the Atk EVs not be wasted, but her base 84 Defense will also be raised. SHE WILL BE INVINCIBLE AND BE ABLE TO DISH OUT ATTACKS AS WELL. And she has 105 Speed, so she can outspeed some things, too. Now THAT's cool. Just watch out for phazers.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

D

Deleted member

1/10
lopunny brings it down,
sorry, but she is frickin idiotic. stick with green onions or voir. and ive seen pics, but lopunny is just idiotic, has a shallow moveset, and slaking would beat her *** off anyday

anyways, if weavile is gonna have a choiceband, he is not gonna be a very good sweeper, and then should have pursuit instead of nightslash

fluffy

Smash Champion
if i were to breed a lopunny it would look like this:

Lopunny @ Leftovers
Cute Charm

Attract
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Return

252Speed/129Def/129SpDef

1st you would need to fight against a different gender (higher chance for the enemy to be a male). i would abuse it's cute charm with attract and t-wave gives a higher chance of keeping the enemy hold still. Substitute gives Lopunny something to hide behind in case a status condition comes up and return does alittle damage with stab.

even then, i doubt lopunny will ever be as annoying as fighting Flint's.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
if i were to breed a lopunny it would look like this:

Lopunny @ Leftovers
Cute Charm

Attract
Substitute
Thunder Wave
Return

252Speed/129Def/129SpDef

1st you would need to fight against a different gender (higher chance for the enemy to be a male). i would abuse it's cute charm with attract and t-wave gives a higher chance of keeping the enemy hold still. Substitute gives Lopunny something to hide behind in case a status condition comes up and return does alittle damage with stab.

even then, i doubt lopunny will ever be as annoying as fighting Flint's.
My Lopunny is a Female... I'll teach it Sub.

1/10
lopunny brings it down,
sorry, but she is frickin idiotic. stick with green onions or voir. and ive seen pics, but lopunny is just idiotic, has a shallow moveset, and slaking would beat her *** off anyday

anyways, if weavile is gonna have a choiceband, he is not gonna be a very good sweeper, and then should have pursuit instead of nightslash
If it has Pursuit, I'd be walking into a trap, besides, how would I use it?

D

Deleted member

use bullet punch on metagross. trust me on this.

gardevoir and lopunny both suck, so it doesn't matter.

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
From what I see, you only have ONE heavy duty Sp. Attacker - Salamence, and four physical attackers. If Salamence is wiped out and your opponent has a healthy physical wall, your team is screwed. Blissey isn't powerful enough to be considered an attacker. I'd replace one of your 4 physical sweepers with something along the lines of Azelf or Manaphy. Lopunny is the weakest link on your team and the best pokemon to be replaced.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
From what I see, you only have ONE heavy duty Sp. Attacker - Salamence, and four physical attackers. If Salamence is wiped out and your opponent has a healthy physical wall, your team is screwed. Blissey isn't powerful enough to be considered an attacker. I'd replace one of your 4 physical sweepers with something along the lines of Azelf or Manaphy. Lopunny is the weakest link on your team and the best pokemon to be replaced.
Don't you think I thought about that?Almost all of the physical walls are countered by, Meta,Weavile and Floatzel, why? Okay, here's a scenario-

Foretress vs Meta - the only attack Foretress can hit Meta with is EQ and combine that with its low attack of 306 to Meta's High-like defense of 359, a few EQ's from Meta and Foretress goes down.

Floatzel vs Steelix - Bulk Up, then Waterfall, nothing else to say, it the opponent uses a benificial nature for defense, then its Max attack will end up to be... 269 meaning, an EQ will bearly do any damage unless the opponent lucks out and gets a critical hit but that still won't OHKO it after a Bulk Up.

Weavile vs Dusknoir- Night Slash,Night Slash,Night Slash, Choice Band powers it up too, not to mention the boost it gets from the Baton Pass.

See, I've got the, physical walls down with Brick Breaks and Earthquakes. Metagross is resistant to a LOT of them *especially Skarmory* and can deal the damage too. Floatzel takes care of Meta's weaknesses with a quick Waterfall and Weavile takes care of Dusknoir and Tangrowth.

As you can see now, my team is prepared for a lot, physical walls go to Meta,Gardevoir,Floatzel and Weavile , special walls go to, well , those same pokes along with Lopunny. As for tanks, that'll take a combined force of Meta and Weavile, special sweepers are Blissey's and Lopunny's job, physical sweepers go to Metagross and Weavile and if I end up in a battle with Ubers... everyone can handle that.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Are you sure a Max Attack Choice Banded Weavile Ice Punch will OHKO a 252 / 252 Tangrowth? Don't underestimate Tangrowth's survivability.

Why did everyone start posting stuff in spoiler tags because me and Celebi were doing business stuff?

That reminds me... Celebi, you can have your Gardevoir back. After all, it IS supposed to be a sweeper, unlike how I made it be.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Are you sure a Max Attack Choice Banded Weavile Ice Punch will OHKO a 252 / 252 Tangrowth? Don't underestimate Tangrowth's survivability.

Why did everyone start posting stuff in spoiler tags because me and Celebi were doing business stuff?

That reminds me... Celebi, you can have your Gardevoir back. After all, it IS supposed to be a sweeper, unlike how I made it be.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
It'll be an OHKO, plus even if it doesn't OHKO, the Bulk Ups will keep her alive and...

W4M, I'll take her back, but you can still use her whenever you want to... oooo................... that didn't sound right...

MasterMatt

Smash Journeyman
It'll be an OHKO, plus even if it doesn't OHKO, the Bulk Ups will keep her alive and...

W4M, I'll take her back, but you can still use her whenever you want to... oooo................... that didn't sound right...
u guys r weird... arguing over a pokemon.... abd that did sound very wrong..... :laugh:

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

No, according to MetalKid's damage caculator, a Choice Banded Weavile with a positive nature for Attack, 31 IVs in Attack and 252 EVs in Attack using Ice Punch on a Tangrowth with 31 IVs and 252 EVs in HP and Defense will take 59.16% - 69.55%. After a Bulk Up, it will do 88.12% - 103.71%. You need at least 2 Bulk Ups to guarantee a OHKO. I'd like to see Garchomp survive THAT. But yeah, the Bulk Ups will keep Weavile alive because Tangrowth usually use Power Whip and sometimes Earthquake and/or Rock Slide.

Yeah, that did sound wrong... Meh, I'll use her if I need to.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Edit:
MasterMatt said:
u guys r weird... arguing over a pokemon.... abd that did sound very wrong..... :laugh:
How many times do I have to tell you guys? Me and Celebi were making a deal as businessmen. He let's me use Gardevoir, and thus, she's out of his life. This also benefits me, too.

Tallgeese*

Smash Cadet
Foretress vs Meta - the only attack Foretress can hit Meta with is EQ and combine that with its low attack of 306 to Meta's High-like defense of 359, a few EQ's from Meta and Foretress goes down.
Don't forget that Forretress' Defense is higher than Meta's and Meta has no super-effective attack.
Forretress WINS against Metagross. From experience. The other matchups are pretty true, however you will need to SWITCH Weavile and Floatzel in against the pokemon they're supposed to be countering, and neither Weavile nor Floatzel can really take a hit. Also, what about Skarm? Metagross's resistances won't mean anything since all it will do is lay down 3 spike layers and send you on your way with Roar or Whirlwind. There is no Rapid Spinner on this team so once Spikes are down, they stay down.

D

Deleted member

True,true I'm taking out Mence for, an old friend, W4M, don't say anything about this...
ooh, is it voir.
TEAM VOIR

you would use pursuit against starmies/gengars/anyone who has low hp
weavile with choiceband is playing hit and run

D

Deleted member

Then I'll switch to Meta.
it wouldnt matter at that point. a ddtar usually carries EQ which will ohko meta, after two swords dance, weavile can kill meta, agiligross also kills meta with EQ. basically, if they switch or sacrifice against your setup on weavile, they get a free sweep because of choice band lag/lack of weaviles power/many resistances

D

Deleted member

a 604 tyranitar cannot OHKO metagross with earthquake. Neither can agiligross. If your opponent gets 2 swords dance on a weavile, and you don't have bullet punch which OHKOs weavile, you deserve to lose.

Use my CB metagross, it's the best.

D

Deleted member

A tyranitar's Eq will do between 302-355 damage after a dragon dance
considering the fact that metagross is not ev trained in defence or that much in hp, it should be an ohko
the defence i imput in the damage calculator was 290

an agiligross cannot ohko your meta, but it can proceed to kill it as you cant do anything more than he can, and then sweep your team a bit

two swordance from weavile with nightslash will do 265-312, a power orb or critical hit will ensure the ko against meta

Weavile
bulk up wont help weavile as
stone edge will still over kill it
meteor mash does more than enough
brick break is still an ohko

9Kplus1

Smash Master
A tyranitar's Eq will do between 302-355 damage after a dragon dance
considering the fact that metagross is not ev trained in defence or that much in hp, it should be an ohko
the defence i imput in the damage calculator was 290

an agiligross cannot ohko your meta, but it can proceed to kill it as you cant do anything more than he can, and then sweep your team a bit

two swordance from weavile with nightslash will do 265-312, a power orb or critical hit will ensure the ko against meta

Weavile
bulk up wont help weavile as
stone edge will still over kill it
meteor mash does more than enough
brick break is still an ohko
True, I've decided to take a more, speedy and powerful road rather than 1 of Endurance.

Guess I who finally made it onto my Team Roster? It's a bird, no a plane, it's Celebii!

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Question: How is Smeargle going to to anything WITHOUT Baton Pass?
Yeah, Smeargle is the Baton Pass king. Without Baton Pass, he's useless.

Spore
Baton Pass

For the other two moves, you can pick Ingrain, Substitute, Nasty Plot, Swords Dance, Agility, Amnesia or Iron Defense/Acid Armor.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom