• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've been looking for you, Add me! Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Hey, always wanted to add those on anonymous wifi?
I've had this idea for awhile but didn't know if it would work... we might as well give it a try though! Worse comes to worst you just don't find anyone, best case scenario you find all those awesome friends you've been looking for in "With Anyone" WiFi, you decide to meet in rl, and they become your soul mate and you get married, the end.

It always seems that those you befriend are the ones that are skilled - ones who can SHff, perform various ATs and entertaining glitches - so chances are, they come to SWF

Please let me know if this works for anyone at all!

Just post what your looking for! PM someone if you find you!
Of course this has to be clean that way people can just browse through and glance to know whether a post pertains to them or not - so you probably want it in some kind of easy to browse through format.
(colors maybe be harder to do with team battles...)
Here's an example with my entry:

Basic Brawl:
I'm a RED Marth
looking for a Zelda/Shiek/WHITE Peach

Description: (Just explain things you did, for how long, where, with what other people)
we went for approx. 5 hours - started out as Red Marth and they started out as blue shiek just standing at the side - started taunting, teamed up and had some 1v1 crouchwalking, taking turns up taunting/crouching, and ledge running. eventually a yellow peach joined in - a pink kirby tried to make us fight(he was pretty good but he evetually went away)
Most of the fun occured on the Temple and FD, some Corneria - I also played trucker hat pikachu, red jiggz, red meta, red diddy(I would side B you and release). if I was meta and you were jiggz we both did our spinning taunts.
We would copy each other, I would down B if I wanted you to change, and you would shield till it breaks if you wanted me to do it
had fun bumper locking, we had last few matches being red Marth and red Zelda
(video's can go here, I'll have mine up soon)

POKE40

Smash Lord
Its a good idea but here is a couple of problems:
-not everyone knows what the Smash Boards is
-not everyone who knows the smash boards, has an account
-not everyone who has an account is a active member.

T_T
I wish there was the MPH (Metroid Prime Hunters) options: "Add rivals" button on Brawl...
There are too many Brawlers out there... compared to the members of the smash boards...

T_T

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Can't hurt too bad to at least give this a try right?
If this keeps up on and running(if it does) then the more people will know about it, more will look into here after a session

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Its worth a try. It's really not likely it will work but I say we try it out.
It sukz never seein a person again who you played well with.

overall though, I see fail

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
yeah, but eventually it will get to a point where there are 20 pages of posts of people saying 'hi i play pink kirby on weekdays' and people wont feel like looking through all the posts for one person.
Thing is you make an entry looking for a specific person(or group) you fought with at a specific time
yeah, there would be a lot of posts if this was to even work but you would only have to check the posts the date after you played together (no one is going to look for you before they fought you)

And yeah, I don't expect this to work but there's nothing to lose really, so I'm at least trying

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I'm starting to think talking about our With Anyone experiences are going to end up violating some stupid law somewhere. Nintendo Legal or something, having some problem with it because it's supposed to be anonymous, and by looking for each other, we're putting names to the faces, which violates the mode. I dunno, might not be the case, but the more I talk openly about my daily brawl experiences, the less daily matches I'm able to join. I actually went yesterday with NO matches, which is unheard of for me. WiFi wasn't down or nothin' ... just, unable to find any groups to join. Blah.

Snaaaaake

Smash Rookie
Ha, so I think I'll try.
Until 1 hour ago (it took me a while to find this thread) I had a few taunt parties as pink/white Captain Falcon with a Pikachu in Basic Brawl. I think it started on Pit's stage, with a Kirby and the Pikachu I am looking for. Kirby and I were falconpunching synchronal, and, uh ... well, taunting. Later Kirby and Pikachu were doing their electronic thing synchronal.

Hm. Later there were some matches with Snake on Shadow Moses, in which we taunted in front of Snake until he called Otacon/Mei Ling/etc. And then we were on the Mario Kart Stage and got many many lightings and taunted with strange voices. There were other players (like Wolf, Fox, Falco and Snake) through the many matches, but Pikachu and I stuck together.

The end of the story was an error in a match against a Falco on DK's stage from Meele, who was a taunt party crasher.

On the other hand I think I'll upload the Replays on YouTube.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
^ Don't necro posts please...

This thread's idea is pretty unrealistic. If all of the players on "With Anyone" actually came on SWF then this would be a decent idea, however I foresee it just resulting in countless posts without anyone finding anyone.

Another thread that deserves a lock probably.

Snaaaaake

Smash Rookie
Why so pessimistic? I think it's worth a try. In this board are 146,938 registered members - at least not as many as players of Brawl Online, but still a chance. If people are that optimistic and want to try that, why not?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Because it's already been tried multiple times on this board and this one obviously failed also a few months ago. It really does just result in pages of posts getting no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom