• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've always gone under this really complex and kind of long-winded tag (my username) and I want to change to something a bit better and newer.

DJK618

Smash Rookie
NNID
djk618
Switch FC
7727-5972-9677
A few things to work off of:

- I sometimes go under the name Typhoon
- I main Cloud and people mess with me because of it
- My initials are DK... no, I do not main, nor play Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
My username is an amalgam of both my tags, so that’s something you can try I guess. Typhoon sounds cool, though.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
As someone who has changed their tag multiple times only to go back to the original many years later, pick what sticks. You can come up with the edgiest, coolest sounding tag, but if it ain’t you, then it ain’t you. You have to imagine other people calling you that, and it coming out of your mouth if you’re introducing yourself at an event. When I think of doing that with some of my prior tags, it makes me cringe. Half the time people would mispronounce it and it would just make an uncomfortable situation, like do I correct them and risk looking like a tool? Do I let it slide and let everyone continue to mispronounce it?

If it’s something to do with your real name, then so be it. Honestly DJK is kind of a catchy tag, so if you remove the numbers you have yourself a decent tag. Better that Typhoon imo. But it’s your thing, you do you however you want.

Top Bottom