• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's SMASHING @ PlayNTRade Chandler, AZ on 11/11/07

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

Back by popular demand. Another Smash:Melee tournament.

This will be a SINGLES tourney. 1v1
Sunday 11/11/07

We will use the TIO tournament software to move this along faster. We're using 8 Gamecubes on 8 TV's. The software should help.

NOW, on with the show!

Tournament starts at noon (sharp!) Sign up times 11am-11:45am (Pre-register, fools!)
Pre-registation: $10 per person. If you live far, ask a friend to pre-pay for you. Besides, what are friends for, if not to borrow money?
At the door: $15 per person.

You may recall that the prizes were great before. We had to tone it down. We were burned by some of the other tourneys we had in Sept. & October. Smash 64. Only 7 people showed up for a $175 total prize. Also, Halo Trilogy. We had about 40 people for that one. Not bad but the prizes totaled about $2000. That was a huge loss.

Anyway,
1st place: $100 store credit

2nd place: $50 store credit

3rd place: $25 store credit

RULES
This is a DOUBLES tournament
4 stock, 8min time limit, double elimination
Random Stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD
Loser chooses stage, winner changes character and then loser changes character

BANNED
No mod controllers, no turbo or programmed, no stalling. Let's not get into specifics. You've played long enough. These will result in player banned.

WOBBLING!!!
Sorry Wobbles, but I have to ban this one. Nothing personal.

www.playntrade.com/chandler
480-726-PLAY

Students! This goes out to ASU, MESA, Collins, etc. If you have any suggestions to get the Play N Trade name out to schools and possibly get involved in events, let us know. We want to be a presence on campus.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Really? Well then I'm not going.

Okay, you convinced me, I'll go ^_^

Assuming I can get a ride. XD

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bet I'll go. I can give you a ride, Rob. How 'bout Coty? You live like right next to me, wanna come down too?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you actually wake up on time, that is!

Dan's car: Myself, Goop. Rab and Coty, if you guys want a ride, get back to me.

Hey, PnT: Since you're using Tio, can you seed by location? That is, use the tournament software to automatically separate friends. That way two brothers don't wind up having to play each other right away, you know. Tio makes it easy to seed by location, but if you want help, let me know.

pntchandler

Smash Rookie
If you actually wake up on time, that is!

Dan's car: Myself, Goop. Rab and Coty, if you guys want a ride, get back to me.

Hey, PnT: Since you're using Tio, can you seed by location? That is, use the tournament software to automatically separate friends. That way two brothers don't wind up having to play each other right away, you know. Tio makes it easy to seed by location, but if you want help, let me know.
I will if you show me how it's done. This is my first attempt at this app. I'm going to set up 8 TVs and have the app handle the rest.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Go and download it at home and play with it for a couple of minutes there. Just make a pretend tournament and try messing with the settings and such. It does come with some useful tutorials too.

Worst case scenario: PM Nealdt. He wrote the thing.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Double post for important question:

Hey PnT, what are the make and model numbers for your TV's? If you give me the model numbers, I'll try to look up to see if I can figure out how to change some of the setting that we couldn't figure out before. (Like changing the aspect ratio)

Top Bottom