• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITS NO ILLUSION!!! Infinite for smash!

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who don't know, Infinite made his appearance in Sonic Forces and the comics outside of the main games. In my opinion, Infinite was SEGAs most creative villain and I loved his boss fights. Infinite would be a great choice for smash because of the diversity and choice in his move set. Sonic needs more reps and this would be a big surprise for anyone watching the Nintendo directs.
infinite sonci forces .jpg

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I would have supported the hell out of Infinite, were he a better villain.

As much as I like his powers and his design, I can't stand him as a character. He's very badly written. Judging from his theme song (which I thoroughly enjoyed), I was expecting Infinite to be the type of villain whom, in his mind, was doing what he genuinely believed to be the right thing. Someone whom started off as a hero, but due to a trauma chose to side with the dark. But as it turns out, he was just a typical bully. Still, one thing I did like about him was his loyalty to Robotnik. I was honestly expecting Infinite to betray Robotnik, thus forcing the latter to team up with Sonic to defeat him. I dare say, that plot twist has been done to death in the Sonic series.

Since Sonic Colours, I always envisioned a Sonic game in which Robotnik actually succeeds in conquering the world, and defeats Sonic--though of course, gets overthrown in the long run. That said, I was really looking forward to Sonic Forces. But unfortunately, the game failed to meet the hype. Honestly, I could have written a better story than that. What annoyed me the most was the thing with Zavok, Shadow, Chaos, and Metal Sonic. I always thought, "Infinite must be a pretty complex villian, to get Shadow and Zavok to follow him," though I suspected the former was a double-agent. But as it turns out, they were all just replicas created by Infinite.

Personally, I would not have brought back Classic Sonic, or the Wisps. Way too repetitive. I would have had just Sonic and the Avatar. For the Avatar, I would have ditched the Wispons, and focused his/her playstyle solely on the grappling hook.

Overall, I think Sonic Forces had so much more potential. Were that potential made the absolute most of, I honestly think Infinite would have had a decent shot as a second Sonic rep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom