• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's funny when...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
It's funny when you fight someone who has never seen the ICs used effectively...

The funny thing is, to your average smasher, which is one who probably isn't a part of Smash Boards, the ICs suck. So many people don't care much for the ICs because they just don't seem as appealing as the rest of the cast. They're relatively difficult to play, considering you're controlling two characters... and, to make matters worse, if Nana dies, your game is completely changed.

With that said, there is nothing like the feeling of using a character who many uninformed Smashers refer to as weak, and absolutely kicking ***. I finally revealed my ICs on one of my friends yesterday-- He's not particularly good might I add... he's average at best, but when I chose ICs he was like, "why did you pick the Ice Climbers?" My response was... "Oh.. you'll see why..." It was so funny. I went nuts with the many chain grab combos, did well with de-syncing and, executed an effective approach game. I started performing alternating grabs-- which I've been practicing a TON lately, and he was like.. "WTF, are they switching the grabs?" lol. It was just funny. Oh yeah, Ice Locking him was hilarious, he was like "this explains why you play them." Appararently I always find a way to play "cheap". Though, the IC lock isn't really cheap because it doesn't do much damage. k... i'm done..

The Verdict is practice makes perfect. In this case, the Ice Climbers have quite a curve, but it's more than worth it. I can't wait to play my friends who take the game seriously... :D

Princess Priority

Smash Rookie
lol nice. i've been practicing with IC a ton latley. once u learn their crazy grab combos it's hard to stop playing as them.
my best is peach though. the same thing kinda happens to me also with peach. i'll choose peach when i'm playing one of my noob friends and they'll just be like, "what r u gay? ur playing as a girl u fairy.." and then i slaayyy

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
There is nothing like the feeling of using a character who many uninformed Smashers refer to as weak, and absolutely kicking ***.
I whole heartedly agree. That's one of the reasons I tend to use Jigglypuff more than my actual main, Sheik.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
I made a guy completely give up in a tourney. I CG'd him across FD twice; rage in his eyes as he comitted suicide.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
It's funny when you fight someone who has never seen the ICs used effectively...

With that said, there is nothing like the feeling of using a character who many uninformed Smashers refer to as weak, and absolutely kicking ***.
I totally agree. When I first picked them up in melee, and I hosted a mini-tournament and chose them, all my friends were like " haha you trying to lose the tourney,, because I don't think you can really win with those guys..." Then I proceeded to win the tournament.

Practice makes perfect, and for the Ice Climbers, practice makes chaingrabs!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
lol nice. i've been practicing with IC a ton latley. once u learn their crazy grab combos it's hard to stop playing as them.
my best is peach though. the same thing kinda happens to me also with peach. i'll choose peach when i'm playing one of my noob friends and they'll just be like, "what r u gay? ur playing as a girl u fairy.." and then i slaayyy
Haha. Peach became one of my mains in Melee, and I'd only use her to piss off my friends. Turnips much? lol.

I whole heartedly agree. That's one of the reasons I tend to use Jigglypuff more than my actual main, Sheik.
Yeah, I use to play Jiggles often in Melee. As for Brawl, I'm far more interested in other characters... Jiggles is somewhere on the back burner.

I made a guy completely give up in a tourney. I CG'd him across FD twice; rage in his eyes as he comitted suicide.
Haha awesome dude! I love that, when your opponent grows enrages because he can't best you... Especially when he can't best the Ice Climbers.

And on top of all of this, they're so cute! ^_^
Aww, aren't they? That's another reason that owning with them is so fun, it's aggravating to the opponent. After all, no1 wants to lose to anything as cute as the Ice Climbers.

I totally agree. When I first picked them up in melee, and I hosted a mini-tournament and chose them, all my friends were like " haha you trying to lose the tourney,, because I don't think you can really win with those guys..." Then I proceeded to win the tournament.

Practice makes perfect, and for the Ice Climbers, practice makes chaingrabs!
Heh, nice dude. Classic case of the underdog character seizing the day. :D

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
dude u hit the top of my honor in maining the ICe CLimber ^^.. i had the exact same thing. I hosted a tourney when brawl was released and all my friends were rotfltao when i told them i mained ICs...(they all think their amazing but .. sadly suck ^^)
they proceeded in picking the populars like Fox Link Kirbs Pit.. etc.

first match i did the chain grab alternating into a smash. edge gaurded then grab ***** a them into C stick smashes. i swear i think one of them pissed themselves ^^!

ICs for the MF win! Shout outs to Jig Mainers, G&W mainers and even Donkey Kong Mainers(I swear their nearly extinct.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
dude u hit the top of my honor in maining the ICe CLimber ^^.. i had the exact same thing. I hosted a tourney when brawl was released and all my friends were rotfltao when i told them i mained ICs...(they all think their amazing but .. sadly suck ^^)
they proceeded in picking the populars like Fox Link Kirbs Pit.. etc.

first match i did the chain grab alternating into a smash. edge gaurded then grab ***** a them into C stick smashes. i swear i think one of them pissed themselves ^^!

ICs for the MF win! Shout outs to Jig Mainers, G&W mainers and even Donkey Kong Mainers(I swear their nearly extinct.

Excellent dude! As I said, some of my friends have yet to see the Ice Climbers in action. I can't wait to play them. One of them plays Marth, he's pretty good--- but he doesn't know what the Ken Combo is as he doesn't care to follow the smash community.

One of my other friends plays Snake-- this friend is by far my best opponent, I have to be my main to beat him (which before ICs was Falco), when with my other friends I can improvise with many characters and come out on top. Snake is a beast when used in the right hands, I can't wait to unleash the ICs on him!--- wish me luck.

Now if only I had more time to play/practice... can't wait for school 2 end!

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Yeah, its definately fun seeing someone's reaction to the first alt/chain grab they've ever seen.
But beware Orca, against Snake, IMO alt grabs are really hard for some reason. He's a heavy character so i always have trouble with the timing with those kinds of opponents. But good luck, and i hope you own his face!!!!

Top Bottom