• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

its been a while! (vid critique please)

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
its been such a long time since my last video, i think i improved a bit. my friends always think i am playing around when i pick kirby to fight them, but i am winning them more often now, HA. thats a good feeling. BUT, i know there are still lots to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d42_oIW843c v bowser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWAqDm0lFvg v fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7IYzrU4EY v fox

i was looking through some kirby videos when i was uploading mine. i should start using down tilt after an aerial attack, yep.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Wow. What was wrong with that bowser? Did he not want to recover?

Ok first things first: STOP PLAYING ON YOSHI STORY!

Alright now on to some actual help. Your rolling too much and your getting punished for it, you should use the wavedash more for a quick retreat. Don't bother Utilting out of a Dthrow it wont(or rather it shouldnt) work, try and DI chase into another grab. Your also not using the Bair approach enough -.- Why aren't you using the Bair approach? You should also try and wave land more. Also, Kirbycides, you need them.

Character specifics: For bowser, dont use the Dair, like, at all. If the Bowser is smart, he'll just shield it then Up B out of shield. Im not sure why you're friend didnt seem to want to use the whirling fortress, but a good Bowser will abuse the hell out of it, especially on Yoshi story. Im not much on fighting Bowser so I'll just let t!Mmy say anything I forgot/don't know.

As for Fox, his increadably fast fall combined with his long and fast tech makes him basicly impossible to tech chase out of a dthrow. There really is no help I can give you with this match up as its one that kirby should never really win. Although if you want help against your friends Fox I can say this, SWALLOWCIDE. He had a tendency to set himself up for them and you just weren't taking the opportunity.

Nice edgeguarding by the way.

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
i play other stages but my camera refocuses like crazy when the stage is not bright. am i ok on the L cancels and fast falls??

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
id say kirbicides. if your falling back to the stage from up high go for the ledge and use inhale on the way down. it will either keep him from edgeguarding you and he will stay back OR you will swallowcide him.

Top Bottom