• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITEMS:items - Finding the Balance

M

Master Makoku

maybe i still want to talk on this post. Look im sorry i spazzed. Im done with the argument wether im right or wrong. Are we cool?

J

John

Disagree. Items are fun. Go 453% healthers healing with hearts, crazy hammers, cool Pokemon 8D

M

Master Makoku

Im lovin the items smash has to offer so far. I think my favorite has to be the cracker launcher. Wats cooler that shooting fireworks at each other. I mean thats wat the 4th of july’s all about, shooting fire works(shooting them at friends is optional). The banana is pretty cool. The pokemon are cool. I think it would be cooler if they gave the pokemon more than one attack. Than that would really make things interesting. I wonder if they’ll make the wii mote and item. Maybe it will be the beam sword. The character holds it like a sword and a beam comes out the motion sensor part.

W

Wrath

Casuals don’t say no to items! I’ve only played Smash with one casual player who said no to an item match. the items r one of the things that makes things smash. If nobody used items and Sakurai knew this he would simply remove them. But he knows that casuals like them (even if the random explosions r annoying.)

C

CJ

Kirbykid, I think that this article was genius and well crafted. Do you think Wario’s Chopper is gonna be like an item once he falls off? I also look forward to the gooeybomb because it looks like it might be able to turn the tide of battle pretty quick.

C

CJ

Have you seen the new Assist Trophies? They look like they’ll be exactly like Poke-Balls but with Nintendo characters. I can’t wait to bring out Samurai Goroh, prepare to be schooled.

M

Master Makoku

hammer bro will rock your world! Stop “Hammer Time”.

C

CJ

Hammer Bro is gonna get slashed when my Roy and Samurai Goroh pull out the double blade

M

Master Makoku

Oh its on then. I’ll sick my dog to block both our views……wait that doesnt help. Grr you win this time. :D

M

Master Makoku

I bow to your awesomness. Wow we got sidetracked, but it was fun.

C

CJ

Yeah anyway what item is your favorite I like the beam sword especially with weak on the ground characters.

M

Master Makoku

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I like the home-run bat. When I play with my friends i crush them with that. Beam sword has to be my second fav though. Since i like swords with the beamsword every character can be a swordsman or swordswoman.

P

Proven

My only comment here (as this post is now long forgotten) is that if you’re going to ask for facts stating whether or not Casual players love items, please also reveal your sources. You can say that you polled people, but you could be lying for all we know, or only asking people in your area, which then goes back to someone else thinking it’s common sense because everyone they’ve talked to in their area that is a casual love items.

D

DAN

I like items. Have you ever had a 4-player match, only poke balls, very many, Hyrule temple? It is so fun, a pokemon pops out every half a second. This is good for training your ability to dodge. I once had pokemon in this order: Ho-oh, Blastoise, then Venusaur half a second later, a Lugia, then a Chansey. Then, while my enemies were on the right edge of the stage, I took all the eggs from Chansey and popped them on the left. Then, Entei and Venusaur again came out, and killed them completely.

Top Bottom