• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Items in online play? I hope not

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
have u every played a noob smasher in your town. yes? well do they play with items? yes? is it very annoying when they get a hammer or broken item right at the perfect time. it seems that the online play in brawl. causuals and what-not will have items. even in the Friend code games. I think this is really going to screw the whole online gaming for competitive players. It would be nice if you could turn off the items or get a cheat, like in MSC (mario strkers charged) where there are no items online.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
We'll I'd say let people play how they want to play. But my theory is that the lag the DOJO is talking about is with items. Because of this more noobs will want to play 1 on 1s no items and they will get owned my me. So I can't wait...

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
We'll I'd say let people play how they want to play. But my theory is that the lag the DOJO is talking about is with items. Because of this more noobs will want to play 1 on 1s no items and they will get owned my me. So I can't wait...
Oh yeah!!!!!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
You lost in an item match because you were trying to play like it was a no item match.

There will certainly be items in online Brawl - they're a major part of the game. The only real question is where we'll have the ability to disable them. Only in Friend battles, or will we have "With Anyone" battle where items can be off as well (whether by choice or random luck of the draw)?

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
i realy hope they make some advancements for wi-fi and brawl. All the online ninty games so far have just been random searches with the default settings. So this would meen items are on while online.

But hopfully they will add much more to it and make all kinds of settings possible.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
would u really want to play a 2 minute time match with a random person online with items. (probobly a 6 year old kid who would quit the game b4 he loses) or play 1 of the thousands of ppl on this board without items on a 4 stock match

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It's funny when people only complain about items is when they're being used against them. All my time on here, I never heard anybody complain about items when it gave them the upper hand.

Just saying. :p

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
The ****ing game isn't even out yet, and you are pre-*****ing about Items? Wow. Go play Street Fighter. It suits you better.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
It's funny when people only complain about items is when they're being used against them. All my time on here, I never heard anybody complain about items when it gave them the upper hand.

Just saying. :p
True:chuckle:

I'd say: I don't really care about items, i play melee with items and without em but i still have lots and lots of fun. With items you are easily getting pwnt but so does the oppenent. It makes alot of difference when you have a hammer ande the oppenent nothing. It's just a bit of luck what items will drop, but that's also a stragety ( i forgot how to spell it)

Without items it's only a game with only pure skills. That's also fun but don't forget, you have to be a good player in both modes to be a pro.

For the topic maker: I think items are in online, but you can also switch them off. But again, if your complaining about items and you only wanna fight without em then invite some buddy's and play against them.

Remember this: You have to be good at both and if not, then don't make this topic, cause you auto show that your not a good player with items. :laugh:

I enjoy items alot, it's a big part of the game. And it would not be a nintendo game without items now would it:chuckle:

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
The ****ing game isn't even out yet, and you are pre-*****ing about Items? Wow. Go play Street Fighter. It suits you better.
I do play street fighter, its an epic game.

And jeeesuss. Its only speculation. If we werent alowd to guess and try to deduce stuff, there wouldnt be much point for a brawl forum now would there?

twitch

Smash Rookie
i hope when we play with friends online that we can make the settings, like in metroide prime hunters (ds) xD

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
I like items. i play with items with my friends my fav thing to do is all pokeballs with ness. but online playing with random ppl its like they are robots playing you and if there is a rediculous thing that happend u cant laugh at it because if u play a robot u wont enjoy it. on the other hand if you open up a can of whoop *** and do a massive combo with Falcon it is fun wether or not u have items. in conclution items are fun but only if u are playing a human thats at least 20 feet from u other then that the person u are playing is a robot and getting cheap things on some1 isnt fun if u dont have the person u are playing there.

am i making any sence to u?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Don't make a thread like this again, topic creator. Items will be in online play whether you like it or not. If you don't want to play with items, get someone on your Brawl Friend Wii code to play with you if that person doesn't mind. I'm not going to be playing items that much. I'll play sometimes since items are more interesting this time around, but I like one-on-one matches with no items more. Oh, and items may lag the game if the chaos is too much.

PicoZX

Smash Cadet
have u every played a noob smasher in your town. yes? well do they play with items? yes? is it very annoying when they get a hammer or broken item right at the perfect time. it seems that the online play in brawl. causuals and what-not will have items. even in the Friend code games. I think this is really going to screw the whole online gaming for competitive players. It would be nice if you could turn off the items or get a cheat, like in MSC (mario strkers charged) where there are no items online.
I'll be the top dog on SSBB.
Serious, I beat Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Also listen to Takeshi. Don't make this topic again. There will BE items on Wi-Fi mode.

Mama

Smash Ace
Have you ever played a friendly match of Smash at a tournament? No? Well did you know that some people like to play with items sometimes? No?

When you get better you'll grow out of that "Items are sin" mentality. I don't play with items except for times when me and my friends are bored and decide to do a few item matches for the heck of it.
By the way you can't really call an item broken thats just silly.

Top Bottom