• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

items? I dont get it

R DOT

Smash Rookie
Basically I arranged a match with this guy over the net but we couldnt play because both of us used items (thats what he said) and the game would just end within seconds. I dont understand what this means can someone tell me, and also inform me on how to not let this happen again

Holty

Smash Apprentice
It could've ended in seconds with Golden Hammers/Hammers, Bob-ombs, HR Bats and Smash Balls randomly appearing? :p

I dunno, I guess it's either that or he's referring to the increased amount of lag items can bring?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, I guess it's either that or he's referring to the increased amount of lag items can bring?
I've played matches with items all the time, and I've never seen lag because of it.

A lot of people are Smashboards hate items for being items. Even if you just put on smoke balls on low, he'd probably quit and say that the smoke ball might give you an unfair advantage.

Just play however you want though.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
I've played matches with items all the time, and I've never seen lag because of it.

A lot of people are Smashboards hate items for being items. Even if you just put on smoke balls on low, he'd probably quit and say that the smoke ball might give you an unfair advantage.

Personally, the colour changing smoke puts me and my concentration off...

Yeah, just play with what's most enjoyable for ya.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290

thats actually really fun to do. Its really the only item i see as fair in a 1on1 match, the others are over the line. Hp recovery, damage boosts, throwables, etc are too great in 1on1 situations. On the same not, 4vs without items is flatout dumb.

Hands down, your survivability with items on is diminished to a microscopic level. Not really because of what the opponent does but more along the line of what pops up infront of you at the worst possible time (FRACKING BOMBOMBS!)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
He's ending the game because he doesn't want to play with items.

Find someone who likes to use them if you want to play with them on, or just turn them off because he may want to play a more competitive game.

Top Bottom