• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

item idea.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
pixel box, and no, it is not what that other guy posted with the super paper mario guys.
i think this hasn't been done already, as an advanced search told me.

pretty much, this item turns your character into it's old 8-bit form. it would be a virus of sorts. once you get the item, you may look cool, but you can only do 2 things, grab people and jump. when you grab someone, they go 8-bit as well, and you lose it and are holding them. it would look like a star, but it has angry eyes instead and has bigger pixels. sort of as hard to tell as the difference between cursed and normal mushrooms.

SonicMario

Smash Master
There is a problem with that. Some characters were either never in 8-bit (Adult Link would not be the Link from the original Legend of Zelda. For that was Young Link) or maybe color in 8-bit (Ever seen a colored 8-bit Pikachu or Jigglypuff?). As awesome as it sounds, it is very unlikely, If sonic is in, it would be NES Mario VS. GameGear Sonic.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There is a problem with that. Some characters were either never in 8-bit (Adult Link would not be the Link from the original Legend of Zelda. For that was Young Link) or maybe color in 8-bit (Ever seen a colored 8-bit Pikachu or Jigglypuff?). As awesome as it sounds, it is very unlikely, If sonic is in, it would be NES Mario VS. GameGear Sonic.
yes, but in mario party 8, they had an itme that made you look 8-bit, and made new ones for waluigi, toadette, and others. but third parties would be harder, yes. snake might just be the hardest.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord

Jesus Christ, nobody cares about the timeline. Link could easily go to the LoZ or LttP Link (I think becoming a sprite would be sufficient - no need to go 8-bit. They're probably have to have more detail to differentiate 30-40 characters). I just wonder what they'd do for G&W.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I always thought about something similar to this sort.

More or less an event where you fight every or any character in 8-bit form.

Sexy.

SonicMario

Smash Master
yes, but in mario party 8, they had an itme that made you look 8-bit, and made new ones for waluigi, toadette, and others. but third parties would be harder, yes. snake might just be the hardest.
Well, There is always that 8-bit Snake from the original Metal Gear.

DBZFoxMarth92

Smash Rookie
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS
GRAAAAAA SCRUUUUBS

Snakey

Smash Cadet
Graaaaa Scruuuubs? what's that?

I like the idea of an item effect being spread like a virus, but I don't like the thought downgrading graphics -- might be hard to tell which player is which.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
That's a great idea. If Intelligent were making Smash Bros, they'd for sure have that in. I'm sure you've all seen the 8-bits in the Paper Mario games.

Maybe we could change the item to an NES, since hardware's already in the game. *Super Scope*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
hey, it's back from the dead. i wonder who bumped it???
ohh, right, the banned dude. well thanks for your positive opinions, i have the same view, i think it would be fun.

Top Bottom