• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Item Idea: Mounts

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be cool if you could get a horse or motorcyle that you could ride. You would have more power and speed but lack of control. you could also ram the opponet to deal damage. It would also reduce damage that was dealt.

Here's some Mounts

-Epona (with Link's new mounted combat)
-Mach Rider's Motorcycle
-Boot from Mario 3 (I know there is already a thread for it)
-Mariokart
-Rinio from Donkey Kong
-Landmaster (from Starfox assault)
-Tricky (from Starfox Assault)
-Blue Falcon (Captian's Racing vehicle)

danabc2

Smash Rookie
It could work, only it will change the gameplay alot. But, I think it would be best left out.

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
i dont think it would work real well, but being able to ride the frog/rhino/osterich/swordfish from donkey kong or the hamster/bird/goey from kirby would kick ***

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
How would this be like WOW? I have never played WOW, but it would probably act like the Rino (and other Dk Characters) in Donkey Kong Country. Plus it wouldn't change the gameplay that much, you could still dismount them with enough damage.

ZeroX982

Smash Rookie
Link'sShadow said:
How would this be like WOW? I have never played WOW, but it would probably act like the Rino (and other Dk Characters) in Donkey Kong Country. Plus it wouldn't change the gameplay that much, you could still dismount them with enough damage.
Before I say this, I'm assuming that you mean this to be an item and not a move. That being said, imagine how funny it would be to be playing an intense game, and randomly *poof* a motorcycle just falls from the sky. I don't know about you guys but that would kinda be distracting. As far as it fitting into the SSB formula, the only way I would see it working would be like Yoshi's rolling egg attack.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I know it wouldn't work, but I would love to see Wario sitting on his bike, when suddenly a certain character kicks him off his bike with a flying kick. Then BOOM! The bike crashes into a wall.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Oh yes, I could see Epona coming out of a capsule or a box right now. Oh the hilarity...

The only way I could see that work is that when you get on the mount, you keep riding forward till you:

Jump off or hit a ledge, then you are forced off.

Kinda like a battering ram.

That's my two cents...

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
dude im a level 60 mario with a valor helm and an epic mount,
in other words good to see people thinking but not in a way to make the game entirely different

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah everyone was like i don't see this as an item and its an actual move. but for the rhino and epona i could totally see being an assist trophy.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
If they did added mounts then what would be the purpose of the "wario chopper"????

and yes ^^ i could see these as assist trophies.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming warios Bike came into play before ur idea :p, and if you had used a different phrase other then "mount" we wouldn't see it as a WoW fan idea.

Either way there two big for stages unless............

Once the character was to hop on a mount they would shrink in size to fit the stage making it more suitable for a game such as smash.....still don't like it though

...I want to fight not ram people.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
"everyone having a mount" == "nobody having a mount"

Me personally, i dont even like the idea of wario chopper, much less epona popping out of an assist trophy (although she would be fun to kill for bonus points in adventure mode, "Hippocide +500 pts")

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Well heh heh I guess I wasn't the first one to come up with the idea (though that's not proven). What I ment to say is that me and one of the developers have the same tastes. Now looking at the post I did see some flaws in it but no one directly pointed this out. What about graphic. You would have to have and animation for every player and every item in the game.

So to fix this I would say there will be an Item like and AT but when a character grabs it, it will turn into his selected mount (e.g. Link/Epona, Megaman/Rush) That would cut down on gaphics. Also Wario would still have an advantage since he can use his anytime he wants. Now the question would be what mount would players like Ness and the Pokemon would have.

What's really ironic about this is the moderators actually closed this thread because it they consider this a stupid idea. I had to be real anal about it so they would put it back.

As for the WOW thing. I used the word "Mount" because it was the closes to use all items. If I used "Vehicles" then Epona would get left out.

Now this I know is from WOW

FTW

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Think of it less like a actual mount and more like a timed version of Wario's motorcycle or an altered and timed version of Puff's Rollout or Yoshi's Egg Roll. That might work.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Ppl, we already have this... it's called The Hammer.

It's not a real mount cause the character holds it in his hand... however, the only thing we can do while we have the Hammer is moving around and ram your enemies.

So yeah, the Hammer is basically just like a mount.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Think of it less like a actual mount and more like a timed version of Wario's motorcycle or an altered and timed version of Puff's Rollout or Yoshi's Egg Roll. That might work.
That's a great idea.

Ppl, we already have this... it's called The Hammer.

It's not a real mount cause the character holds it in his hand... however, the only thing we can do while we have the Hammer is moving around and ram your enemies.

So yeah, the Hammer is basically just like a mount.
Exactly and now we can have more personalize "Hammers". Each mount would be tweaked to that character's style. Some will have more control others less. Some will do more damage other won't. Some can jump others cannot.

Joseph1594

Smash Rookie
I don't see how this could work, like Bowser for an instance. The character sizes just could make it not work.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
With all the talk of personalized mounts, you mean picking up an item which would conjure up their personalized vehicle/mount? Seems cool enough to me... it would seem much like a graphically altered hammer, but I imagine there'd be differences (like it lasting until someone destroys it instead of just a time limit).

I doubt character sizes really would matter too much... I mean, it's a vehicle- no real reason that it'd need to be tiny. Bowser could easily get one of his mario kart vehicles, or his famous clown car...
In fact, I think most of the mario characters would just end up with their own karts... all in all, I doubt it'd be too hard to think of things for each.

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
If they could get this to work without completely changing game, mounts would be sweet.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
With all the talk of personalized mounts, you mean picking up an item which would conjure up their personalized vehicle/mount? Seems cool enough to me... it would seem much like a graphically altered hammer, but I imagine there'd be differences (like it lasting until someone destroys it instead of just a time limit).

I doubt character sizes really would matter too much... I mean, it's a vehicle- no real reason that it'd need to be tiny. Bowser could easily get one of his mario kart vehicles, or his famous clown car...
In fact, I think most of the mario characters would just end up with their own karts... all in all, I doubt it'd be too hard to think of things for each.
Bowser Clown car for the win!

As an added feature, be able to throw mechakoopas.

Plus, add in the beserk mode, when the car is about to get destroyed lol

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
You know what'd be even funnier? Jumping on other character's backs and attacking from them. "Go, Bowser! For Great Justice!"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It would make an interesting team tactic.

I don't know how far we could really push the whole mount concept. I mean, Wario's bike is okay, but you wouldn't want an Arwing necessarily. (Lol, and then people would just have more to complain about Fox/Falco.) If they can do it without breaking the game's balance, then whatever.

But we can always dream of Yoshi Rodeos. :grin:

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Ya... to big, bulky, and I have no doubt you'd fall off the edge more than half the time. I'm surprised Wario's able to use his chopper successfully!

The only thing I think that would work from your list is the Boot from Super Mario Bros. 3. Technically, that's not even really a mount, so I don't see much of a problem with that. I wouldnt' be surprised if they actually added it (though that is not very likely).

Top Bottom