• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

it doesn't make sense for aether to go vertical...

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Well Fire Emblem is a very horizontal attack based game, and I think it's better that they made aether vertical simply for the fact that if it wasn't it would be very powerful (launching yourself across the screen to smash another character.) plus that would limit the places on the stage where it could be used. for instance if you want to edge guard with it you would go straight off the edge aswell instead of just your opponent. I don't see why they couldn't have given it a slight angle like Marths dolphin slash, bu I'm sure they have thier reasons.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yes that is one thing im going to like about this aether since there is very very little horizontal movement and aether can spike ive heard then it can be a great edgeguard to catch people who decide to not grab the edge and get onto the stage

Igneous42

Smash Ace
In no Zelda game has Link ever been able to fly using his sword spin. They changed some things for the better or the gameplay. Aether also isn't nearly as overpowered as it is in FE (in PoR winning against the black Knight and Ashnard pretty much relied on Aether)

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
In no Zelda game has Link ever been able to fly using his sword spin. They changed some things for the better or the gameplay. Aether also isn't nearly as overpowered as it is in FE (in PoR winning against the black Knight and Ashnard pretty much relied on Aether)
exactly. The game designers make changes to the game fits the play style of the characters, so it flows with the game

Maben

Smash Journeyman
I hope it gets at least a little horizontal recovery. I love playing as Luigi but his recovery makes me want to throw my controller every time I barely miss the edge, it's so unbearable.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I hope it gets at least a little horizontal recovery. I love playing as Luigi but his recovery makes me want to throw my controller every time I barely miss the edge, it's so unbearable.
I think you can use his side B to get horizontal distance. But his Up B pretty much goes straight up and straight down.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I think you can use his side B to get horizontal distance. But his Up B pretty much goes straight up and straight down.
Ike goes into freefall after using his >B. And if he connects with anything on the way he will stop and go into freefall as well.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
but doesnt the chatacter that got hit by > b in the air off stage get spiked?

True Fool

Smash Ace
I don't believe I've seen any clips of Ike spiking with >B. I don't think I'd like to use that spike though, seems like I'd just be killing myself.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
but also the oppenent will go down to and they wont want to so they let u recover.......ike seriously needs to be fixed recovery wise :(

True Fool

Smash Ace
Well, if he's as fast as Roy, strong as a god, and moderately difficult to knock off the stage, I'd say his bad recovery puts him in a good balanced spot. Gotta have at least one obvious weakness, better than him having two glaring ones.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
well.. he throws it up, catches it in the air and comes crashing down. same basic concept, why complain? plus like marth's up B, it will help him get up and out of the the fray easily since it goes straight up

Top Bottom