• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It’s a Yoshi, No…it’s a Boshi, but wait, it’s Croco!

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
All right guys, so I searched the threads and found a little here and there about these 3 characters but nothing quite like this, so here’s my idea. You all remember the nifty little Daisy costume of Peach’s in Melee. I just can’t help but think that Nintendo is really going to expand upon this concept. Just think, not only will Wario be rocking his new road hog digs, but he’ll still have his classic Violet/Yellow trousers. Don’t even get me started on the outfits that Mario and Luigi could have…just think Dr. Mario/Classic Mario/Sunshine Mario/ Old Fire/Spitball Mario! And of course there’s the inevitable Sonic/Shadow duo.

Now, don’t get me wrong; these outfits will of course have no effect on the combat system. I just think that this is an awesome opportunity for the artists to really show us what they can do. Anyway…to make a long story short, since we’re all gunning for Nintendo to get the ok to put Geno in the game, why not make it a party? Since we’ve all played through a plethora of multi-colored yoshies…could we please move beyond your garden variety pack of skittles? I want a bad a$$ purple yoshi with a mean pair of shades…I’m talking about none other than the infamous Boshi of course! Now, onto the second part of my master plan… I believe that it is safe to say that while Peach and Daisy are two completely separate characters, they basically share the same character model. The same is true in the case of Yoshi and Croco…all they did was change the head, make him a bit spikier, and slap on a tacky hat and a la Croco! Delicioso!

So, before you guys roast me, just remember… “it could happen…or not” LOL :p

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
That top one with the hat will never be a Yoshi costume.

LOL, Now that I'm looking Croco over, there is truly no way that they could get away with calling him Yoshi as they did with Peach when she rocked the Daisy outfit. The only way Croco could make it is if he had his own character slot, and who are we kidding…that’s not going to happen. Oh well, but I still think Boshi is highly plausible as an alternate for Yoshi!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Wow, Croco DOES look similar to Boshi, at least around the feet.

I think Croco would be a neat addition to Brawl, but his chances aren't that high.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I wouldn't mind if there was another dino added to the Smash roster. Too bad Boshi only made an appearance on Legend of the Seven Stars. Still, it's possible for him to make it. As far as Croco goes, I'm totally unfamilar with that character.

Croco

Smash Lord
As much as I like Croco.. I don't see him appearing in Brawl.
His move set would involve throwing bombs instead of eggs like Yoshi.. he would be a interesting character.
Now.. as a costume?
Boshi? I can see this happening.
Croco? not really. Croco is a Crocodile and not a Yoshi..

Either way good ideas.
I would love to see Croco make some appearance as a trophy though.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Croco make some appearance as a trophy though.
Absolutely! I wonder if Nintendo is going to push for the trophies again. I thought they were awsome in Melee, but it kind of tore me apart to see all those character models and not be able to play as them

Croco

Smash Lord
Absolutely! I wonder if Nintendo is going to push for the trophies again. I though there were awsome in Melee, but it kind of tore me apart to see all those character models and not be able to play as them
Well I am also hoping to see at least some 3rd party trophies also. :)

So for example..
If Geno gets in the game a Mallow trophy could be made.. etc.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Both Boshi and Croco are owned by Square, although Nintendo could still get away with throwbacks to them as costume changes. They couldn't look EXACTLY like Boshi and Croco unless Nintendo wants to pay Square money, but there could be similarities (sorta like Asuka/Rei Leona in King of Fighters Maximum Impact, and Armoured Ralf as Bowser in that game, etc)

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
If you guys want an old school throwback for trophies, we can't forget about the axem rangers. I cracked up the first time I saw them, and then they completely obliterated my party with that Magazoid thing, LOL.

Go Go Axem Rangers!

Croco

Smash Lord
If you guys want an old school throwback for trophies, we can't forget about the axem rangers. I cracked up the first time I saw them, and then they completely obliterated my party with that Magazoid thing, LOL.

Go Go Axem Rangers!

Wow.. I completely forgot how they where a rip-off of power rangers.. lol :laugh:

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
Boshi is totally awesome, and he could possibly be a costume for Yoshi.
Not sure about Croco though. He is a 3rd party character {as well as Boshi} but I don't think that Croco should be featured as costume.

Yoshi should have a enemy in Brawl though, and C. Falcon, and D.K.
I like Croco, but he would take up another 3rd party characters spot. I think that Nintendo will only put in 1 other 3rd party character and I'm pretty sure it's going to be Sonic. Now if they put in 2 other 3rd party characters, I would want Croco in there, but it would probably be Megaman. {I hate Megaman!}

If Geno gets in, Croco has a better chance of coming in, but not much.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Not sure about Croco though. He is a 3rd party character {as well as Boshi} but I don't think that Croco should be featured as costume.

I like Croco, but he would take up another 3rd party characters spot. I think that Nintendo will only put in 1 other 3rd party character and I'm pretty sure it's going to be Sonic. Now if they put in 2 other 3rd party characters, I would want Croco in there, but it would probably be Megaman. {I hate Megaman!}

If Geno gets in, Croco has a better chance of coming in, but not much.
For D.K King K. Rool. I have a dark Yoshi picture I drew, I will post it here if I find it and can take a picture of it. He's sweet.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman

I like Croco, but he would take up another 3rd party characters spot. I think that Nintendo will only put in 1 other 3rd party character and I'm pretty sure it's going to be Sonic.
Actually, Snake already holds one of the extrememly limited third part slots. I absolutely agree with you as far as Sonic goes, the fans long for him more so than they ever did for Snake. I also would love to see Megaman and Geno make their triumphant return to the Nintendo franchise, I suppose we will just have to keep our fingers crossed.

However, I'm not so sure about your idea of everyone having their own anti-hero, that would simply be a bit ludicrous. With that in mind, I'm sure that we'll see the likes of Kind DeDe and King. K Rool because both of those series are severely underrepresented in Smash, but the Mario series already has the likes of Bowser and Wario. There may even be a chance of Waluigi and and Bowser Jr. making the cut, with all of these potential characters in mind, I too find it hard to believe that Croco is going to make the cut, especially as a third-party character.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman

Go Go Axem Rangers!

Who are the Axem Rangers, I only saw them in Super Mario Bros. Z.

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
For D.K King K. Rool. I have a dark Yoshi picture I drew, I will post it here if I find it and can take a picture of it. He's sweet.
I actually drew a few characters from Nintendo, one of these was Boshi, I was surprised how good it looked. I would take a picture of it and post it here, but I don't have a camera and even if I did, I would have trouble bringing it here. And I would have to cut it out from the picture, since I drew it with a few other characters, right next to him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wow.. I completely forgot how they where a rip-off of power rangers.. lol :laugh:
Well, techincally they are ripping off of Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger, but they are basically the same thing, except Mighty Morphing Power Rangers re-did the non-fight scenes with an American cast and script, and left the fight scenes the same.

Either way, Boshi is a plausible costume, but sadly I see no such fate for Croco :(

Trophies FTW!

Top Bottom