• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issues with smash controller for switch (the link/mario/pikachu ones) not working properly on friend's switch.

AbsyntheMinded

Smash Rookie
So I bought one of the smash controllers specifically made for the switch, but with the gamecube layout and 4 bumpers at the top instead of the gamecube's 3.

on my switch, it works fine all the time, never any issues with it, it is just plugged into one of the side usb ports.
However when i got to my friend's house to play it always malfunctions. The first time I ever brought it over, it worked fine for a few hours and then it started registering the left analog movement stick as C-stick inputs, which means when i jump random aerials come out, or in neutral, random tilts come out when i'm touching nothing but the left analog stick. Now it happens all the time, as soon as i plug it in, I can hardly go a stock without it happening.
The only difference between our setups is that he uses the old Wii gamecube dongle (the one with 2 usb jacks) to connect his gamecube controllers and my switch controller goes into the usb port on the back of the docking station.

Just to clarify it is not a buffering issue. We've tried where i double jump with a character and afterwards use nothing but the left analog stick to move in the air and random aerials will come out when moving left to right?

Has anyone else had any issues with this? is this a conflict between the dongle and the new switch controllers. Is there just something wrong with the way the controller registers with his switch. Most importantly, is there a fix? I don't mind playing with one of his gamecube controllers, but would obviously prefer to use the controller i'm used to.

Last edited:

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
maybe try having your friend remove the grey usb he uses for the gamecube adapter and replace it with your controllers usb. He doesn't really need to have it plugged in because its only for rumble.

Top Bottom