• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Issue defeating fast characters

ZeroKarma

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-3739-6211
I usually let them come and use arcthunder to them, then it depends what do i do, if Sair, nosferatu or grab but when it misses there is a problem. Another thing I try to do is arcfire from the air, most of the time people shield and i grab or do nosferatu, with it misses also is a mess, what do you guys do to connect hits and stuff? :c

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Use mindgames is what I would advise; be unpredictable. An arrogant, over-confident player opponent that think you're just projectile spamming won't read you too much. The more avid-experienced players that can see a grab coming when they're blocking an Arcthunder/fire are indeed problematic - what also doesn't help the matter since Robin is so damn slow in approach.

Against character fighters that demand you to react quicker if you want to keep pressure off you and onto them such as Sonic, Thunder and Elthunder is quick enough for them to think quickly or risk giving you space. If they manage to shield against that and attempt to rush again - use thunder then quickly rush in with a dash attack/grab(experimental, I don't usually use Thunder this way but rather to keep the distance and pray they roll away or towards me for a deadly smash attack). If that doesn't work, there is always your wind/fire jab or down A.

They're Pshielding your faster projectiles now? Then the guy pretty much has you figured out on the projectiles department which puts Robin in a pretty serious disadvantage. I would end up using books as a new form of projectile, and books are something that should not be ignored.

Last edited:
Top Bottom