• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isn't it just too much?

stormnl

Smash Rookie
Hi,

Ok, I've been following the daily updates and have been reading thes forums about how everyone wants ''everything'' in the game. I'm glad Sakurai decided to put in alot, but isn't it just getting too much?? I mean, ok, there's tons of people who like him, but Sonic just doesn't fit in. Neither does Snake, but hey, I thought *one* 3rd party char would be okay. (Besides, Snake isn't a blue hedgehog with weird sidekicks :p)

And ofcourse, everything can be turned off, but I've played SSBM with all items (except Bat/Hammer) on medium, and that's the way I like it most! Randomness combined with skill. Ofcourse I'd play one-on-ones without items but thats not the point!
Im also referring to the assist trophies etc..

Do you think I can believe in this game blindly without being very dissappointed, or will it be even better?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
There's no such thing as too much...

How in the world are you ungrateful after a character update like this...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I actually would just be as happy if it was just Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.0, but that's just me.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Hi,

You see, this a forum for hardcore gamers. These sort of people,

A - want everything
B - want to win
C - want to make it easy

This means

A - they'll never be happy
B - they'll cheat
C - they'll ruin any 'fun' the game had to make things more 'competitive'.

This not only applys to Smash Bros, but to many games, and perhaps other real life activities. Long story short, the world is full of greedy morons, dreamers, and greedy people with moronic dreams. We, the people with common sense, just need to accept it.

stormnl

Smash Rookie
I actually would just be as happy if it was just Super Smash Bros. Melee 2.0, but that's just me.
Same :p

Hi,

You see, this a forum for hardcore gamers. These sort of people,

A - want everything
B - want to win
C - want to make it easy

This means

A - they'll never be happy
B - they'll cheat
C - they'll ruin any 'fun' the game had to make things more 'competitive'.

This not only applys to Smash Bros, but to many games, and perhaps other real life activities. Long story short, the world is full of greedy morons, dreamers, and greedy people with moronic dreams. We, the people with common sense, just need to accept it.
rofl that sucks :(

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
do you know how much greater brawl is with sonic and snake..it grabs the attention from so many different genres of games. this is if anything a great marketing ploy. not only that, i love the new variety of characters, even if i do find sonic being the oddball

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Yes, Sonic certainly seems out of place in an over-the-top free-for-all battle between characters of all types from a wide variety of games.

There is no oddball in Smash... once everyone gets past the initial novelty of "OMG playing with Sonic in Brawl" he will be just another fighter and be judged on how good he actually is.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Think of it like a feast. Before it was a good meal, but now there's all these amazingly extravagent foods as well, and even some from other countries. There's an ice sculpture in the middle of the table, food are delivered by robotic penguins, the cutlery is made of gold...and then when you think it can't get better you have Sakurai come over, whisper in your ear and give you some new treat.

There's NEVER too much :p

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
You people who complain need to shut the **** up. Snake is more out of place than Sonic is (he's a ****ing realistic character, not a cartoony one like Sonic), wavedashing isn't cheating and if you get ***** by it, you suck (referring to Kelexo's post).

Just don't buy the ****ing game if it's "too much" for you.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Huh? There's too much in Brawl? Well, I guess I can see your point since a lot of this seems to be too awesome to be true, but however it's more than real... you should be pretty greatful that Nintendo can make a sequel that evolves from Melee as intensively as it did from the first Smash Brothers. In a time where sequels can be pretty shallow, something like this is a refreshing, and awesome change.

Sonic fits in nicely with Brawl, anyway! After all, Smash Brothers is all about taking mascots that normally don't fit together into a huge fight-fest!

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Huh? There's too much in Brawl? Well, I guess I can see your point since a lot of this seems to be too awesome to be true, but however it's more than real... you should be pretty greatful that Nintendo can make a sequel that evolves from Melee as intensively as it did from the first Smash Brothers. In a time where sequels can be pretty shallow, something like this is a refreshing, and awesome change.

Sonic fits in nicely with Brawl, anyway! After all, Smash Brothers is all about taking mascots that normally don't fit together into a huge fight-fest!
Thank you. That was awesomely said.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I can't understand why you think it's too much. I mean, like you said, you can personally turn off items.

And your personal dislike of characters is unfortunately your own problem. I don't mean that in a harsh way, but there are lots of people who are psyched about Sonic and Snake. I am, for one, but at the same time i couldn't give two ****s about Ike or Lucas being in, because i've never played their games. Doesn't mean i won't try them out or anything.

If you don't like Sonic that much, dn't worry, because there'll probably be another 29+ characters in the game for you to care about!

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Smash Brothers is all about taking mascots that normally don't fit together into a huge fight-fest!
That is the definition of smash bros, anything else is just icing on the cake or in this case, icing, fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles, brownies etc etc.

end of thread really:ohwell:

stormnl

Smash Rookie
Think of it like a feast. Before it was a good meal, but now there's all these amazingly extravagent foods as well, and even some from other countries. There's an ice sculpture in the middle of the table, food are delivered by robotic penguins, the cutlery is made of gold...and then when you think it can't get better you have Sakurai come over, whisper in your ear and give you some new treat.

Well yeah that kindof is a good point. I was just wondering if all the added stuff wouldn't make the whole game less fun, if you know what i mean.

You people who complain need to shut the **** up. Snake is more out of place than Sonic is (he's a ****ing realistic character, not a cartoony one like Sonic), wavedashing isn't cheating and if you get ***** by it, you suck (referring to Kelexo's post).

Just don't buy the ****ing game if it's "too much" for you.
I'm not saying I wont buy it.

btw swearing kills little kittens!

I do have to say you just put a whole lot of sense into the whole sonic thing for me :p thanks

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wonder why the release date is being delayed. They said December 3rd, and yet they change their mind after 3+ months notice.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord

Sounds like a cosplay to me, mic.

Top Bottom