• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iSmashONE: International Sm4sh3DS tournament [22nd Nov, 2.00pm GMT]]

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
* Challonge page here for sign-up and participation: http://challonge.com/Smash3DSonlineUK1

* Please read all rules carefully and follow them, particularly putting your 3DS name and friend code in your Challonge name, and noting the rules for stages and who hosts each game!

* Smash Bros 3DS Online 1v1 Double Elimination Tournament, 2.00pm GMT, international, free, open sign ups, 'hosted' by the UK. 64 player cap at the moment but people may drop out.

* 2pm UK time = 6 am California = 8am NYC = 11pm China = midnight Australia, Japan. Let's get some world-wide action going!

*PLEASE PUT YOUR FRIEND CODE AND YOUR NAME AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR 3DS AS YOUR CHALLONGE NAME FOR THIS TOURNEY USING THE 'Settings' TAB ON THE LEFT!*

RULES: (please set your Smash rules to these whenever you are hosting)

-Singles 1v1

-2 stock

-5 minute timer

-Best of 3 games (this is not set on the 3DS, you have to track this)

-Finals: 2 stock 5 mins best of 5

-Miis / custom moves / equipment not allowed

-Items OFF

-*If you are at the 'top', pictorially above the other player in your listed match, please HOST the game, if you are at the 'bottom', pictorially below the other player in your listed match, please JOIN the hosted game*

-Stages allowed: Battlefield, Final Destination/all omega stages, Yoshi's Island.

-*Stage selection will be set to CHOOSE so that the system randomly selects a stage from the two from the above that each player selects.* This is not ideal but is the most efficient way to run the tournament without farting around with chatrooms etc. If you don't like it, feel free to run your own online tournament another time, this one easily got over 64 sign-ups in two weeks. There IS a kind of fairness to it being random e.g. you can go ahead and pick Little Mac and Final Destination every time, but you are gambling on the game randomly choosing your stage every time as well. So you need to choose a character who you can play well with on all the available stages.

-Double elimination tourney SO STICK AROUND FOR YOUR LOSERS' MATCH!

-No shows will forfeit automatically

-You have 30 mins to report a match outcome from start of tourney / the report of the most recent match a participating combatant finished otherwise the TO will pick the winner at random

-Put your friend code along with the name you use on your 3DS as your challonge name for this tournament please, using 'Settings' on the left

-You will need access to internet with email/challonge for tournament plus 3DS w/Wifi obviously

-There will be lag, sometimes. Especially if we draw international players. Nintendo apologise.

-Please report any problems etc. in the RELEVANT THREAD on the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/528601997283575/

-If you don't have facebook and absolutely have to use a chatroom to report stuff, use this: http://ismashone.chatango.com/

-Prize for the winner: a copy of Gun Monkeys on Steam and kudos for becoming WORLD SMASH BROS 3DS CHAMPION (well, not quite, unless we can get some Japanese players to join too). Let us know if you want to donate something else for a prize!

-Feel free to stream/record if you can! Let us know if you can do it for the Finals as P3!

-Please share and publicise widely!

-SmashBoards page: http://smashboards.com/threads/isma...4sh3ds-tournament-22nd-nov-2-00pm-gmt.377186/

Last edited:

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
Bump, edited to include a new prize for the winner which has been donated, and to note that the current reigning UK Smash 3DS champion, G~P, will be competing in order to defend his title.

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
Bump just to say that I have now put links in the original post as I have posted 10 times and so am allowed to so! Please follow them and sign up!

Scr7

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scr7ven
I may join this, but I don't have a facebook account, so if you decide to use the Facebook page as the chatroom, is there anywhere else where I can communicate with opponents?

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
I may join this, but I don't have a facebook account, so if you decide to use the Facebook page as the chatroom, is there anywhere else where I can communicate with opponents?
Fraid not, not yet at least, if this changes I will say so. I am trying to do it without a chat room atm tho so you should be alright. Glad to have you competing!

WingedBehemoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsunayoshi
3DS FC
3969-4003-5661
Is 64 the maximum number of entries? Because I just joined and I believe it didn't go through, unless I'm just blind.

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
Is 64 the maximum number of entries? Because I just joined and I believe it didn't go through, unless I'm just blind.
Yeah, fraid so. You're on the waiting list. People may drop out though, so check back nearer the time! Plus I'm considering raising the cap to 128, time permitting...

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
This would be a great tourny to attend if I can hike over to that area!
Mate it's online. There will be some lag but hopefully not too bad. The cap of 64 people has been reached, but people may drop so you are welcome to sign up.

wahabthesmasher

Smash Rookie
i have two questions
where do i report who won
and can i just keep switching characters every game or can i only switch characters in losers brackets (because i have seen some tournaments do that)
(also there are two pages for this topic?)

Faenon3DS

Smash Cadet
NNID
LITT1247
3DS FC
5086-2751-8400
i have two questions
where do i report who won
and can i just keep switching characters every game or can i only switch characters in losers brackets (because i have seen some tournaments do that)
(also there are two pages for this topic?)
1. You report through Challonge, hence you need the Challonge page open during tourney, as stated in the rules.
2. You can switch whenever you want.
3. There are two pages. Maximum exposure!

Hope that helps.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
Ouch, I wanted to attend but I was up to late on Friday. 5am is a bit steep for me time-wise, but good luck to the rest of the competitors!

Top Bottom