• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I can imagine they were so lazy to update the assist trophy model that they just took it out.

But hopefully that isn't the case.
I don't think they're THAT lasy...

Ugh, my stomach. I need Issac badly.
Btw, anybody spot Matthew? I was under the impression that Matthew would take Issac's brawl role when he is PC, or vice versa.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can imagine they were so lazy to update the assist trophy model that they just took it out.

But hopefully that isn't the case.
I couldn't. Every other returning AT is exactly the same. There's literally no reason to cut any AT's.

I don't think they're THAT lasy...

Ugh, my stomach. I need Issac badly.
Btw, anybody spot Matthew? I was under the impression that Matthew would take Issac's brawl role when he is PC, or vice versa.
I could imagine that not being the case if we consider that Isaac would probably use Move in his moveset. Not much reason to keep an AT, and maybe Sakurai decided not to add a new Golden Sun AT.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I could imagine that not being the case if we consider that Isaac would probably use Move in his moveset. Not much reason to keep an AT, and maybe Sakurai decided not to add a new Golden Sun AT.
Well, we haven't seen a new Punch-Out AT, so maybe.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I may not have stated it on this thread before, but I support Isaac. I hope someone manages to unlock him soon -.-

JPW

Smash Ace
Really no Isaac Assist Trophy. Oh boy this is so nerve wrecking he could be the final NC trailer! Should i stay away? or should i sit back and hope someone unlocks him soon?

Of course they could of thrown out GS completely, but let's not think like that .

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Again, I'm going to say it now: If Isaac isn't an AT and isn't playable, I think he's being planned for DLC. In fact I'd say any cut AT's are probably being planned for DLC, or a version-exclusive. Isaac doesn't fit into being version-exclusive because he's from a handheld franchise, it makes no sense for him to be exclusive to the Wii U version.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Again, I'm going to say it now: If Isaac isn't an AT and isn't playable, I think he's being planned for DLC. In fact I'd say any cut AT's are probably being planned for DLC, or a version-exclusive. Isaac doesn't fit into being version-exclusive because he's from a handheld franchise, it makes no sense for him to be exclusive to the Wii U version.
Particularly as they confirmed that DLC isn't planned at this time and that there are no console exclusive playable characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Particularly as they confirmed that DLC isn't planned at this time and that there are no console exclusive playable characters.
Sorry, I should reiterate: Not that Isaac or anyone else is PLANNED as DLC, but they're being saved for DLC. At this point, though, honestly, they've probably already decided if there will be DLC or not.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've been away so I'm kinda out of the loop. Has every character on the Ninka leak been unlocked? If so did they get an "all characters unlocked" message?

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I've been away so I'm kinda out of the loop. Has every character on the Ninka leak been unlocked? If so did they get an "all characters unlocked" message?
None that I know of.
Either way, that's not the main issue:what really matters is what Issac's role is going to be. If he's an AT, we're done for. If no presence of Issac is in-game, then he is the number one candidate for DLC/updates.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't watched in a while, but last I saw, they had not yet unlocked Bowser Jr., Jigglypuff, or ROB.

None that I know of.
Either way, that's not the main issue:what really matters is what Issac's role is going to be. If he's an AT, we're done for. If no presence of Issac is in-game, then he is the number one candidate for DLC/updates.
Not THE #1 candidate, but he'd be one of the top candidates.

JPW

Smash Ace
Isaac in the game would make this roster my dream roster! This feels too good to be true. Which will probably mean it's not.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
ADVANCE WARS GET ASSIST BUT not Isaac! This is wonderful news!!!! But they found Isaac trophy yet or... is Playable???
Come guys, the unlocker gonna unlocked everything, the HYPE for Isaac is... is fa%king Real.
Few characters still miss though.... I think is playable.
EDIT: I think is too good to be true, I just gonna wait until somebody say, I have it all....

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Sorry, I should reiterate: Not that Isaac or anyone else is PLANNED as DLC, but they're being saved for DLC. At this point, though, honestly, they've probably already decided if there will be DLC or not.
They may have, but we really only have what they've told us to go on, and that is:

1. Both versions have the same rosters
2. They weren't even going to think about DLC before both have been released

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh geez. All of this started while I was asleep, and then I had to check my Twitter on the few breaks at work.

If Isaac is there, we still have a while to go before we see him, should the unlocking occur in the same order that the CSS leak went in. Last I checked, there were still several to unlock from that leak. Very interesting that DHD came so early.

Staarih

Smash Master
I am fairly certain that Isaac will be a playable character, if not in the initial roster, then via DLC. I mean, he's still nowhere to be seen even after all AT's have been unlocked.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not sure if that counts. Does Camelot get credited in Mario Kart?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_U6jtyFNiE

I don't see Camelot credited in MK8.

I am fairly certain that Isaac will be a playable character, if not in the initial roster, then via DLC. I mean, he's still nowhere to be seen even after all AT's have been unlocked.
If this evidence turns out, it looks like we just might get Isaac as a playable. No AT, and Camelot likely isn't being credited for Waluigi...

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
About Camelot being credited, is that unusual?

Were they not credited in Brawl?
Wait, they were credited? How? A quick glance at the Brawl credits has a section for "Senior Supervisors" covering Game Freak, APE, and Intelligent Systems among others, with a "Special Collaboration" section for Sega and Konami. If Camelot were to fall under such a section in the SSB4 credits, the hype is far too real.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wonder how Isaac is unlocked if he is playable.

Are there any modes leakers are having difficulty completing?

Also, does anyone have photographic evidence of Camelot being credited? That nobody is posting it is starting to make me nervous that it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Wait... What?

We are sure that all Assist Trophies are unlocked, and that Isaac isn't a part of them?

That makes absolutely no sense. Sakurai would not remove Isaac from the AT spot. Something is funny here, I'm freaking out now.

Arteen

Smash Lord
They could be credited for Mario Tennis or Mario Golf music, if any.

Interesting that they get no mention in Mario Kart.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait... What?

We are sure that all Assist Trophies are unlocked, and that Isaac isn't a part of them?

That makes absolutely no sense. Sakurai would not remove Isaac from the AT spot. Something is funny here, I'm freaking out now.
As far as we have seen. We KNOW a couple people unlocked AT's, and one guy was showing off AT's and no Isaac anywhere as far as I heard. I could see some AT's being Wii U exclusive, but it'd make no sense for Isaac to be Wii U exclusive.

Arteen

Smash Lord
He might've been demoted to standard trophy.

Anyone know if Barbara is still an assist trophy?

Staarih

Smash Master
I could see some AT's being Wii U exclusive, but it'd make no sense for Isaac to be Wii U exclusive.
Yeah, this is what I think too. Especially since all of the GS games have been on handheld consoles anyway, would be silly to leave him as a Wii U exclusive one.

One of the streamers did indeed get a message in the game with "All Assist Trophies unlocked" or something along those lines... and no sign of Isaac. Could be bad luck as well I guess and he might pop up still, but so far... nothing.

Top Bottom