• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Sorry for not replying sooner, but I do have poor health...

It's because I try to find one thing I like in something I absolutely didn't like at all. And Fiora was interesting. That's all I'm willing to say.

As for Isaac having alternates, it would be interesting, but I still think Isaac will have color alts, but not an actual Matthew alternate.

Well, it's gonna be until mid November, at the earliest, where we find out for sure what those 3 empty slots represent. I'm amazed so many people assumed that the day after the ballots closed, we'd get a response automatically.
Ah ok makes more sense now and that post really was a long time ago. When tou didn't reply in the a few days I just forgot:079:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It is obviously talking about Kraden. All hail Kraden! #Kraden4Smash
You are indeed correct. The mighty Kraden has also given Saturos some lectures ... erm I mean fencing lessons.

team_mars___fencing_by_jennax3.jpg

At Colosso (somehow)

(Kraden's) #LecturesForSmash

P.S. The ballot is finally over and the wait has almost come to an end. Go Isaac! And now I have to go get a new signature!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This image isn't a Lighthouse. In fact, it has no bearing on Golden Sun. Nevertheless, based on it, which lighthouse (if any) do you think it could be?

Now if someone were to draw an image of a lighthouse in this panoramic/cinematic/landscape style, that would be fricken awesome.
As an aside, does anyone know what it REALLY is???
It's an image of Isengard, from Lord of the Rings, either a resource/image from the films, or styled after them. If you follow the central river back, you can quite clearly see the distinctive round wall and Orthanc itself in the middle.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's an image of Isengard, from Lord of the Rings, either a resource/image from the films, or styled after them. If you follow the central river back, you can quite clearly see the distinctive round wall and Orthanc itself in the middle.
Can see how you'd think that. But actually, it's this..

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think we should change the title.

"Waiting for our howls to be heard" or something similar, maybe?

:231:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
We could easily be waiting another several months! D:

In fact, I expect us to be.

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
We could easily be waiting another several months! D:

In fact, I expect us to be.
Well, if the rumors are true, we should get a new character unrelated to the ballot in the next weeks. If it is confirmed, which, to be fair, seems random enough, we can expect the ballot results to be somehow adressed.
But, once again those leaks are as untrustworthy as always...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, if the rumors are true, we should get a new character unrelated to the ballot in the next weeks. If it is confirmed, which, to be fair, seems random enough, we can expect the ballot results to be somehow adressed.
But, once again those leaks are as untrustworthy as always...
I still wish that Isaac would somehow be that unrelated to the Ballot character. It makes sense in my mind, as his Assist Trophy is completely missing and that just doesn't make the least bit of sense.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Great summary of the current s***storm happening right now:

Considering everything has been thrown into a tizzy of misinformation by the usual potpourri of crazies and skeptics, I figured I'd throw together a simple fact sheet to help clear up confusion in this thread.

What Happened:

--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"

The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.

The Bull****:

--LOL ROGER SED IT WUZNT BOUT SMASH: False. He said nothing one way or the other, other than that "the news wasn't Skull Kid getting revealed for HW." Gullible people fell into the trap of Poe's Law in reading his tweet about the Smash fanatics who expect him to be omnipotent where the Smash ballot is concerned.

--LOL STEALTH PIGGIE BAKKED ROGER AND IZ JUST A RANDO TROLL: It is true that Stealth's tweets came after Roger's initial ones about having 8-9 hype-scale news. However, not only were Roger's tweets not some big thing to piggyback off of at the time (this only really blew up after I posted about it in here), but Roger and Stealth seem to be on friendly terms, openly talking about Japan Time and TV Shows on the social network, as well as favoriting each other's stuff. Whether you question his credibility, Stealth is not just some random guy.

--LOL STEALTH HATES K. ROOL SO NO CHANCE IS THIS HIM: False. Stealth said he voted for K. Rool, has defended his costume on GameFAQs and has said that "K. Rool and Isaac are needed to save Smash DLC."

Other Stuff:

--I don't know whether he's trolling here or has changed his opinion since then, but in a thread asking if a list of 5 characters including K. Rool were Top 5 Most Wanted, he said no to all except Isaac. If he's serious, then K. Rool isn't ruled out in his mind by the "this character probably didn't win." None of the tweets I've found from him thus far clarify whether he feels K. Rool is a character who would "eventually get into Smash."

--Warchamp's joking about the Inklings makes me think...if he and all these guys have legitimate info and he's just casually throwing that name around, it's not them. If he were doing this and Inklings was the character, the Nintendo Ninjas would be on him like white on rice.

Will add onto this later if more stuff comes up. I think it's pretty comprehensive as it stands, and I hope it gives people the clarity they need to not run around making s*** up.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This ****storm is only going to get bigger and bigger until the reveal actually comes. The longer it takes for the ballot character(s) to be revealed, the more insane it's going to get. More "leaks" with "unnamed reliable inside sources" are going to come. Personally? I think we should just kick back on hammocks with a lemonade and watch the ****storm go by: post music, make random Golden Sun discussion and go play a game. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim would be a good start. It's distracting, involved, big and unrelated.

Trust nothing and believe nothing until Nintendo itself says something. It will save you a lot of stress. There's going to be a lot of leaks, false claims, prophets and bull****ting going on. Don't buy into it. It'll only provide unnecessary stress. What will happen will happen. What has happened has happened. Make peace with that. It'll save you stress and salt later on.

Edit: This post came off far more ass-holish then I thought...

Last edited:

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
This ****storm is only going to get bigger and bigger until the reveal actually comes. The longer it takes for the ballot character(s) to be revealed, the more insane it's going to get. More "leaks" with "unnamed reliable inside sources" are going to come. Personally? I think we should just kick back on hammocks with a lemonade and watch the ****storm go by: post music, make random Golden Sun discussion and go play a game. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim would be a good start. It's distracting, involved, big and unrelated.

Trust nothing and believe nothing until Nintendo itself says something. It will save you a lot of stress. There's going to be a lot of leaks, false claims, prophets and bull****ting going on. Don't buy into it. It'll only provide unnecessary stress. What will happen willhappen. What has happened has happened. Make peace with that. It'll save you stress and salt later on.

Edit: This post came off far more ***-holish then I thought...
Lol, I think you are correct, even though it might be a bit mean. I, for one, have been playing a lot of Destiny since the Taken King came out, so that's nice and distracting.

Speaking of Destiny and Golden Sun, did you know there's a Lighthouse on Mercury in Destiny? Possible reference or coincidence? I think the latter, but you never know...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Is anyone here familiar with the RPG Maker line of software?

In other news, here's some non-Golden Sun, but very relaxing, music for your listening pleasure:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

In other news, here's some non-Golden Sun, but very relaxing, music for your listening pleasure:
I experimented with it at one time. I gave up soon after though. I lack the imagination.

:231:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Just a suggestion about the title of the thread, shouldn't it be "Waiting for the Sun to rise again" instead of "shine"?
It may just be a detail, but you know, since some of us took the habit to use that exact sentence... I figured I'd ask. :ohwell:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Just a suggestion about the title of the thread, shouldn't it be "Waiting for the Sun to rise again" instead of "shine"?
It may just be a detail, but you know, since some of us took the habit to use that exact sentence... I figured I'd ask. :ohwell:
Waiting for the Golden Sun to Rise Again?

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
"waiting-for-the-shiny-rising-golden-sun-to-shine-rise-and-be-golden-again"

This one is a little bit overkilling it. :teeth:

Oh huh, while I'm here, I launched a little poll about what's the prefered Golden Sun Summon (I don't know if mentioning where would be considered like advertising so... :nervous:).
Here's the link to the poll, since we're all Golden Sun fans here: http://strawpoll.me/5674057

That's a nice little topic to talk about while we wait, too. :)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Oh huh, while I'm here, I launched a little poll about what's the prefered Golden Sun Summon (I don't know if mentioning where would be considered like advertising so... :nervous:).
Here's the link to the poll, since we're all Golden Sun fans here: http://strawpoll.me/5674057

I'll have to think about that one... So many to choose from...

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92

People like Catastrophe that much? I'm surprised, I thought Judgement or Iris would be the favourites. I voted Atalanta, dat arrow barrage tho. The animation is short and sweet, and the sound of the arrows hitting the opponent is brutal.

Edit: When I first played the game, in the early to mid stages, I remember I kept spamming Atalanta and Tiamat whenever I could; I just thought they were soooooo cool.

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice

I used to make games in VX Ace, but quit a while ago as I find the software to be rather restricting and I lacked an artist to create OC sprites. What makes you ask?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
People like Catastrophe that much? I'm surprised, I thought Judgement or Iris would be the favourites. I voted Atalanta, dat arrow barrage tho. The animation is short and sweet, and the sound of the arrows hitting the opponent is brutal.

Edit: When I first played the game, in the early to mid stages, I remember I kept spamming Atalanta and Tiamat whenever I could; I just thought they were soooooo cool.
Catastrophe is Judgement's big brother. And it has one of the best looking pieces of sprite art in any video game.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
People like Catastrophe that much? I'm surprised, I thought Judgement or Iris would be the favourites.
I believed Judgment would be more popular too... Ah well, guess I was wrong on that one. :sadeyes:
I must say I'm surprised you choose Atalanta, since you have this cool Judgment profile picture. :surprised:

Catastrophe is Judgement's big brother. And it has one of the best looking pieces of sprite art in any video game.
Actually I think we saw in Dark Daw that Catastrophe was a sort of corrupt version of Judgment. We see him transforming.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I can agree with that, the sprite art and animation are both pretty amazing. Judgement is more iconic though, and personally I prefer Judgement's animation, with the condensed energy ball which has enough force to make a blast that massive. idk, Catastrophe's is a bit gratuitous for my taste.
Look at me sounding like a summon connoisseur. :pimp:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I used to make games in VX Ace, but quit a while ago as I find the software to be rather restricting and I lacked an artist to create OC sprites. What makes you ask?
There's a new one coming out, MV. It seems quite a bit more powerful, especially in terms of sprite/character creation. It also allows for both crappy first person battles and not crappy (read: awesome) side view battles. I was thinking that if we (or some of us) made some RPG game, not necessarily Golden Sun related, just an everyday awesome RPG (The Isaac4Smash4 RPG! Defeat Mii Costume Wannabes and other Ballot Characters! King K. Rool as the Final Boss! [lolNO]) it would be something to keep people's minds distracted from the results of the ballot. And keep people from getting stressed over rumors and "leaks" and other such crap.

It wouldn't necessarily be playable in its full and entire form, but perhaps the development, and the periodic incomplete but still playable version would be enough.

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
There's a new one coming out, MV. It seems quite a bit more powerful, especially in terms of sprite/character creation. It also allows for both crappy first person battles and not crappy (read: awesome) side view battles. I was thinking that if we (or some of us) made some RPG game, not necessarily Golden Sun related, just an everyday awesome RPG (The Isaac4Smash4 RPG! Defeat Mii Costume Wannabes and other Ballot Characters! King K. Rool as the Final Boss! [lolNO]) it would be something to keep people's minds distracted from the results of the ballot. And keep people from getting stressed over rumors and "leaks" and other such crap.

It wouldn't necessarily be playable in its full and entire form, but perhaps the development, and the periodic incomplete but still playable version would be enough.
Yknow, I heard about that! Just looked it up and it looks great! The multiplatform aspect is really cool.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be hipster and say Daedalus. Not only is it cool looking, but I also love it's two hit gimmick.

Runner ups include Ramses for that awesome Dark Dawn animationm and Megaera for the badass swords.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Where are my fellow Charon voters?
Doot doot.
I want to like Charon, I really do. But Dark Dawn really ruined it's design for me. It used to be a cool reaper in The Lost Age, but they turned it into a generic skeleton.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
I always had a thing for Judgement for its iconic value. Also, it isńt really an invocation strictly speaking but Doom dragon's ultimate attack ("ruine cruelle" in french) is probably the best attack animation in both GBA Golden Suns imo.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I always had a thing for Judgement for its iconic value. Also, it isńt really an invocation strictly speaking but Doom dragon's ultimate attack ("ruine cruelle" in french) is probably the best attack animation in both GBA Golden Suns imo.
(Oh tiens, un copain français ? :D)

It's simply Cruel Ruin in english. But you're right, it's an iconic and cool attack. :smirk:
And everytime you see it, you piss yourself and think "It's over". :laugh:

MrMacBeth

Smash Rookie
(Oh tiens, un copain français ? :D)

It's simply Cruel Ruin in english. But you're right, it's an iconic and cool attack. :smirk:
And everytime you see it, you piss yourself and think "It's over". :laugh:
(Et oui, peu importe ou je regarde je te trouve pour défendre Vlad (ici, JVC, commentaires de Reddit, etc...). Merci pour soutenir LA cause :p )

And regarding RPG Maker, I've always been interested by it as far I can remember. I've started numerous project before getting bored of them & giving up.
But, to be fair I'm most likely more of a RomHacking guy, still spending hours on making my very own pokemon game. ^^

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Glad Isaac is high up on the list. But beaten by the Inkling? Ugh. It is not their time.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Glad Isaac is high up on the list. But beaten by the Inkling? Ugh. It is not their time.
Agreed. I don't think they have the history yet. But they're even bigger in Japan than in the West, and they do make sense.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Agreed. I don't think they have the history yet. But they're even bigger in Japan than in the West, and they do make sense.
That would be one character I would never buy. I honestly can not stand even looking at them. Sorry for the bluntness, but they're like one of the ugliest designs Nintendo has ever made, and they aren't even side characters!

I'm terrible for using that as a reason to not want them in... But seriously, if they get in and Isaac doesn't... Mii costumes is the best place for them at this point.

Top Bottom