• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Please if anything, tell me that Isaac being cut as a trophy means we'll see Matthew added as dlc and Isaac is a alternative costume for him.

Or maybe we're not just getting Isaac?

I been thinking maybe Isaac could actually potentially turn out to be like Bowser Jr in the idea of alternative costumes, keep in mind, but the question is which characters, there is 8 to choose from, like the Koopalings?

Although there are other characters I'd rather see included if this happened rather than say Piers, I'd rather have Alex over Piers.

Keep in mind, like Mewtwo, perhaps he is not finished yet, if my theory is correct then keep in mind Bowser Jr was one of the final reveals along with Shulk.
I think if Isaac does get the Bowser Jr. treatment I think the only alts he'd get would be Felix, and Matthew with the 3 having 3 alt colors representing their 3 default team mates. It'd be nice if they gave us all of Isaac's team mates but I think it'd be easier to just stick with the Venus Adepts.

D

Deleted member

I think if Isaac does get the Bowser Jr. treatment I think the only alts he'd get would be Felix, and Matthew with the 3 having 3 alt colors representing their 3 default team mates. It'd be nice if they gave us all of Isaac's team mates but I think it'd be easier to just stick with the Venus Adepts.
Also, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings share the exact same attacks and weight mechanics, even though Lemmy's the lightest and Morton is the heaviest, due to the Junior Clown Car.

If you have all the Golden Sun adepts playable and they use the same moves (which is possible, given how Djinni can manipulate classes where Mia could cast Growth), it just doesn't look right, in addition to it being 8 different models.

I think it'd be cool if we had four Isaac colors, two Felix colors (masked Felix being one), and two Matthew colors.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Also, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings share the exact same attacks and weight mechanics, even though Lemmy's the lightest and Morton is the heaviest, due to the Junior Clown Car.

If you have all the Golden Sun adepts playable and they use the same moves (which is possible, given how Djinni can manipulate classes where Mia could cast Growth), it just doesn't look right, in addition to it being 8 different models.

I think it'd be cool if we had four Isaac colors, two Felix colors (masked Felix being one), and two Matthew colors.
I somehow completely forgot masked Felix, his mask looks bad a$$ if you ask me. If they do decide to put Felix as an alt or clone they should definitely make one of his alts his masked self.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Saw this on Tumblr and thought it fit some of the stuff we were talking about :p
gs.png

They don't know Kraden's true power.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I somehow completely forgot masked Felix, his mask looks bad a$$ if you ask me. If they do decide to put Felix as an alt or clone they should definitely make one of his alts his masked self.
Or a taunt like Lucina's. But it actually stays on until using the taunt again.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/02/1...ls-monado-adorned-new-nintendo-3ds-faceplate/

I'm so pissed by Nintendo's constant efforts to shove Xenoblade down our throats.
I had nothing against Xenoblade at first, but they try so hard that it makes me angry.
They just play favorites! If Golden Sun had the same treatment, we wouldn't be here hoping for what may be a miracle.
And I obviously wouldn't have to desperatly try to bring a little bit of attention on the series every week without any result.

I'd continue to rant with pleasure, but if I did, I would quickly become really vulgar.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/02/1...ls-monado-adorned-new-nintendo-3ds-faceplate/

I'm so pissed by Nintendo's constant efforts to shove Xenoblade down our throats.
I had nothing against Xenoblade at first, but they try so hard that it makes me angry.
They just play favorites! If Golden Sun had the same treatment, we wouldn't be here hoping for what may be a miracle.
And I obviously wouldn't have to desperatly try to bring a little bit of attention on the series every week without any result.

I'd continue to rant with pleasure, but if I did, I would quickly become really vulgar.
Nintendo sees this as a monetary opportunity. As of right now, Xenoblade has garnered tons of attention from Nintendo's existing fanbase and has amassed a new group into the Fanbase. Xenoblade is not to blame, since Nintendo is the one who is constantly pushing it.

It is okay to vent/rant, but remember this: This type of ranting is what turns fanbase groups on each other. Continue this and we will see some Xenoblade fans take shots at Golden Sun and/or work against its progression.

Bring up Golden Sun without bringing down another.

P.S. It does suck that we do not have the Nintendo of this generation to back up Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Nintendo sees this as a monetary opportunity. As of right now, Xenoblade has garnered tons of attention from Nintendo's existing fanbase and has amassed a new group into the Fanbase. Xenoblade is not to blame, since Nintendo is the one who is constantly pushing it.

It is okay to vent/rant, but remember this: This type of ranting is what turns fanbase groups on each other. Continue this and we will see some Xenoblade fans take shots at Golden Sun and/or work against its progression.

Bring up Golden Sun without bringing down another.

P.S. It does suck that we do not have the Nintendo of this generation to back up Golden Sun.
Well from what I've seen, some Xenoblade fans were not kind on Golden Sun, even if we (as far as I know) never said anything bad about Xenoblade. And I can confirm that my anger is directed at Nintendo, not at Xenoblade.
I'd be perfectly okay with Xenoblade getting this attention if all the series abandoned by Nintendo were... well, not abandoned and getting a few things too.

And to be perfectly honest, the Golden Sun fanbase mostly don't do **** for the series. That's also something that pisses me off.
What I do every week, I basically do it for nothing, since nothing changes at all, I can't even bring more people to stand for a 4th game. And that's depressing, to me. :urg:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Xenoblade is a very good game and the faceplate is purely promotional. Though it does look incredible as far as I'm concerned.

I'd buy it if the regular N3DS came out here.

Also let's be fair, Nintendo never shoved Xenoblade down anybody's throat until the fans demanded it.

GS would get the same treatment if it was in the same situation. It came out at a time when products for anything other than Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda were rare.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well from what I've seen, some Xenoblade fans were not kind on Golden Sun, even if we (as far as I know) never said anything bad about Xenoblade. And I can confirm that my anger is directed at Nintendo, not at Xenoblade.
I'd be perfectly okay with Xenoblade getting this attention if all the series abandoned by Nintendo were... well, not abandoned and getting a few things too.
Is there any instances of Xenoblade fans attacking this forum (well established ones at that) besides a troll trying to stir trouble?

And to be perfectly honest, the Golden Sun fanbase mostly don't do **** for the series. That's also something that pisses me off.
What I do every week, I basically do it for nothing, since nothing changes at all, I can't even bring more people to stand for a 4th game. And that's depressing, to me. :urg:
I take it that is the major problem with my fellow Golden Sun fans. A good number of us have:

1) Already given up.

2) See another franchise as an obstacle.

3) Fight for Golden Sun, but nothing tremendous shows because the other groups are either doing 1 or 2.

Just remember not to exert your frustrations on Xenoblade as it is not the problem that Golden Sun is facing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not Xenoblade's fault DD didn't sell.

And the GS fanbase is nothing to slander for what it is. When was the last time you heard anything from the Custom Robo fanbase, or the Starfy fanbase, or the S&P fanbase, or the Wars fanbase. Look at this thread, look how much popularity still emanates from games made over a decade ago. GS was relatively high on the VC charts when it came out, now it's back up there again thanks to Club Nintendo. That's not bad for an old JRPG which gets minimal love from Nintendo.

What do you want the fanbase to do? We've made a petition for a GS4, we obv continue supporting Isaac for Smash, enough to have kept him as one of the most popular candidates since pre-Brawl. Don't begrudge the fanbase for not being able to get a GS4 off the ground, the F-Zero and Metroid fanbases, which are bigger, can't do that either. Look how long it took to get a new SF. Xenoblade is hot right now and Nintendo wants to capitalize off that, that's why it's getting attention.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

And the GS fanbase is nothing to decry for what it is. When was the last time you heard anything from the Custom Robo fanbase, or the Starfy fanbase, or the S&P fanbase, or the Wars fanbase. Look at this thread, look how much popularity still emanates from games made over a decade ago. GS was relatively high on the VC charts when it came out, now it's back up there again thanks to Club Nintendo. That's not bad for an old JRPG which gets minimal love from Nintendo.

What do you want the fanbase to do? We've made a petition for a GS4, we obv continue supporting Isaac for Smash, enough to have kept him as one of the most popular candidates since pre-Brawl. Don't begrudge the fanbase for not being able to get a GS4 off the ground, the F-Zero and Metroid fanbases, which are bigger, can't do that either. Look how long it took to get a new SF. Xenoblade is hot right now, that's why it's getting attention.
I am not sure if this is targeted at me or not, but if so, then yes you make great points about the fanbase not being responsible for the decline as we try to promote the series more.

By the way: What do you mean by "SF"?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Obviously, it means "Super Finger" :troll:

Seriously, you really didn't knew he meant to say "Star Fox"?
Yes. I honestly thought N30N meant Street Fighter, since I was focusing on the Virtual Console aspect of the paragraph.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I am not sure if this is targeted at me or not, but if so, then yes you make great points about the fanbase not being responsible for the decline as we try to promote the series more.

By the way: What do you mean by "SF"?
Perhaps I should've specified. Embarrass
No, it's for Falgor.

And yes I meant Star Fox.

Obviously, it means "Super Finger" :troll:

Seriously, you really didn't knew he meant to say "Star Fox"?
(she)

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

And the GS fanbase is nothing to slander for what it is. When was the last time you heard anything from the Custom Robo fanbase, or the Starfy fanbase, or the S&P fanbase, or the Wars fanbase. Look at this thread, look how much popularity still emanates from games made over a decade ago. GS was relatively high on the VC charts when it came out, now it's back up there again thanks to Club Nintendo. That's not bad for an old JRPG which gets minimal love from Nintendo.

What do you want the fanbase to do? We've made a petition for a GS4, we obv continue supporting Isaac for Smash, enough to have kept him as one of the most popular candidates since pre-Brawl. Don't begrudge the fanbase for not being able to get a GS4 off the ground, the F-Zero and Metroid fanbases, which are bigger, can't do that either. Look how long it took to get a new SF. Xenoblade is hot right now and Nintendo wants to capitalize off that, that's why it's getting attention.
A petition signed by four thousand fans. Which is pretty ridiculous compared to the million of people who played the GBA games.
Though I agree you're right about the fact that even bigger fanbases get no results either.

Edit: I should add that other fanbases didn't had the same message as Golden Sun's: "Ask for a game if you want one". Camelot is not really a big team anymore, that makes a difference.

Well, I guess I should just stop and wait for the miracle to come, like about every other GS fan. If only I could.

Could someone give me the salt? My salt is not salty enough.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
A petition signed by four thousand fans. Which is pretty ridiculous compared to the million of people who played the GBA games.
Though I agree you're right about the fact that even bigger fanbases get no results either.

Edit: I should add that other fanbases didn't had the same message as Golden Sun's: "Ask for a game if you want one". Camelot is not really a big team anymore, that makes a difference.

Well, I guess I should just stop and wait for the miracle to come, like about every other GS fan. If only I could.

If you really feel as though you need to vent/rant, vent/rant in my conversation box whenever you want, just do not direct this attitude publicly in Smash Boards.

Everything you say will not be exposed unless an Administrator or a higher up does it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

:shaker:

Unfortunately that's about what you'd expect from a petition that's garnered no publicity for a small series which has fallen out of the public eye. :/

It's quite rare for something like Rainfall, Moonfall, or the Mega Man Legends 3 petition to gain as much steam as they did. Even rarer still for them to actually manage to succeed, which only Rainfall did, though that was simply dealing with localization, not the actual creation of a game.

I didn't know and your profile doesn't show your gender
No worries! ^_^

XxLTxX

Smash Rookie

I agree. Recently I've been trying to get my friends to play Golden Sun, but they usually just forget about it after they shut the game off and go play other games.

I don't want to give up on Golden Sun yet....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can't make everyone like the same games as you...

At least there are places you can talk about GS online. This being one of them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I agree. Recently I've been trying to get my friends to play Golden Sun, but they usually just forget about it after they shut the game off and go play other games.

I don't want to give up on Golden Sun yet....
Can't make everyone like the same games as you...

At least there are places you can talk about GS online. This being one of them.
Adding to this, just keep a positive attitude about it and suggest Golden Sun to people who are curious and requesting a good game to play. Keep on trying, but do not show any negativity if they would rather not. Better to reveal the positive image of the Golden Sun fanbase.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what?

We should do what K.Rool and Ridley's fans did.

Let's tie them together through similarities.

Anyone have any ideas for a Shulk and Isaac poster?

Maybe saying something about Shulk brining Isaac in to help of something?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I think a lot of the Shulk/Isaac beef would be resolved permanently if both parties played both games.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

7.8/10

Too much salt....

Jokes aside, it is best to keep a positive attitude. We can't force GS to suddenly become popular again but just persevere and continue suggesting the game. I try to get people to play Golden Sun, my profile pictures are often of GS characters (which usually starts a GS conversation), and talk about it online. No need to get down in the dumps, changes don't happen overnight. Nintendo is bound to notice the continued popularity of GS, let the Xenoblade noise wind down a bit.

I think a lot of the Shulk/Isaac beef would be resolved permanently if both parties played either games.
Exactly! I have played both games and I love them both!

Xenoblade is one of the BEST RPGs I have played and probably the best in recent times. Golden Sun is my definite favourite and top rank holder in best game list as well.

D

Deleted member

Personally, a part of me just doesn't like Xenoblade, period. I look at it, and it screams "generic JRPG". The characters lack personalities, the mechanics are weird-looking, and the plot follows 99.99% of Japanese plots about revenge... but I never played it (and stated several times I never will), so technically, I don't have an opinion. Of course, it's also one of those things where the fans expect you to give it rave reviews, and if you DON'T... lord have mercy on your soul (a guy had a legit review on EGM about the game, who loves RPGs and once wrote a manifesto complaining about how violent Western games have gotten that made it in the magazine... and gave it a 6.5, and was promoptly attacked). However, this is based largely on the fact that I've played console RPGs that are cinematic-based, such as Tales of Symphonia, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and Skies of Arcadia, and I got really bored with them and gave up. Meanwhile, traditional JRPGs that are text-heavy and focus more on the gameplay and story, as opposed to actor dialogue, like Dragon Quest, Golden Sun... and for the heck of it, Mario & Luigi (which is NOT a traditional RPG by any stretch of the imagination), I can play a new installment and be happy with it. So, it's more of a "me" issue than a "them" issue because I'm a traditionalist and not a fan of shiny baubles. Why Square refuses to port some Dragon Quest games that only need a text translation (like Terry's Wonderland) as opposed to a game that requires hiring new voice actors amazes me.

However, it's very easy to become bitter at something that gets popularity while something you've followed for years gets, in your mind, no respect. And there are already people who view resentment as validation that Golden Sun fans are petty and small-minded and don't deserve anything. The majority of Golden Sun fans aren't petty and vengeful, but at the same time, it's hard to have positive feelings, so you've pretty much given to have emotional outbursts once in a while.

So if you hate Xenoblade, that's one thing. But don't aim for it purely due to it being popular and argue in favor of something else, because that is one of the worst things you can do.

I also say this because I was thinking about the experiences I mentioned last night and how if I made an RPG, I wouldn't focus too much on the cinematic stuff and make it more quirky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
About Xenoblade/Golden Sun thing. Wasn't there an Isaac Shulk thing similar to this?
View attachment 39665
You know what?

We should do what K.Rool and Ridley's fans did.

Let's tie them together through similarities.

Anyone have any ideas for a Shulk and Isaac poster?

Maybe saying something about Shulk brining Isaac in to help of something?
Some people were rocking this sig back in the speculation days.

D

Deleted member

I was only joking about how Squeenix, king of RPG games, can't do them well for some reason anymore. Lightning, y u exist?
Last night, I was commenting on another message board about Square's incompetence and how everything has to involve Lightning (the topic was about Sonic Boom: The Rise of Lyric, BTW).

Top Bottom