• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Please, we all know that you have to name an Isaac amiibo "caasI". Or Matthew. Or Felix.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I can see GS pretenders naming it Issac. Since I see people like that misspell his name all the ****ing time.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Mars Star Powered Isaac for the win.
MARS FIRE IGNITE!
-------------------
Also I would keep the amiibo's name Isaac, since that's my name too :p Plus I tend to keep it default in GS anyway.

Thinking about it, I really want Isaac in Smash just for the amiibo :p

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I can't remember what I named Isaac in GS exactly. But it was a shortened version of a name that means "earthquake" or "earth shaker" or something like that, which I really liked the sound of. If there's an Isaac Amiibo, I'd probably give it the same name (if I could find the name that is haha).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd buy an Isaac amiibo just to have a figure of Isaac... using it in Smash would be totally secondary.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
COMPARE THIS TO XENOBLADE CHRONICLES SOUNDTRACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ1cv1enIkA
To be fair, while 0rangaStang's remixes are amazing, what really takes the cake for me in terms of Golden Sun remixes is Skyberry Symphony's Golden Sun Legends.

Sakuraba had some amazing ideas with this soundtrack, but this guy, honestly, instead of just merely remixing them, takes them back to the drawing table and influences them with his own ideas, his own view of symphonic movements. And for me, that takes the cake of remixes on YouTube altogether.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'd buy an Isaac amiibo just to have a figure of Isaac... using it in Smash would be totally secondary.
I hadn't even thought of using an Isaac amiibo for Smash. Only thought of purchasing it and having it :)

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
To be fair, while 0rangaStang's remixes are amazing, what really takes the cake for me in terms of Golden Sun remixes is Skyberry Symphony's Golden Sun Legends.

Sakuraba had some amazing ideas with this soundtrack, but this guy, honestly, instead of just merely remixing them, takes them back to the drawing table and influences them with his own ideas, his own view of symphonic movements. And for me, that takes the cake of remixes on YouTube altogether.
Holy crap, these are the best Golden Sun remixes I've ever heard. Listening to them just makes me think how incredible a console remake of the first two games would be. Heck even a 3DS remake lol. Man, I really hope they surprise us with announcing GS4 this year. They seem to be more willing to trust in RPGs now compared to even just a few years ago, if their increased backing of Fire Emblem and Xenoblade is anything to go by. I really think Golden Sun would benefit from Directs and internet buzz. The fact that Camelot mentioned the series on their site in that blurb about their anniversary makes me hopeful they haven't completely written it off.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I hearing good music in this thread. Man, Is I have time finding all these music and post in ONE single post, I would do it but... I can't do it.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358

Every time I hear these Golden Sun orchestral arrangements they send chills down my spine, and that doesn't happen with many musical remixs.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the support list. Though I think after Mewtwo (and Wolf pls) we won't have any Smash DLC, I support Isaac's inclusion in future titles.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

I just finished listening to the whole soundtrack so far and I must say, I agree. It is indeed the BEST Golden Sun remix I have heard. Rather than a regular remix, Skyberry Symphony has created his own "symphony" taking multiple pieces from the GS soundtrack and reinterpreted them and divided them into according chapters. Plus many use a different instrument sound and have other tidbits added to them, while keeping the GS theme intact.

Thanks for sharing this awesome fan rendition of the Golden Sun soundtrack :)

The creator definitely deserves more recognition than he has now. Well I guess I will go comment on how awesome it all sounds! Can't wait to hear more of it, especially the Venus Lighthouse theme and Saturos Battle theme!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can see GS pretenders naming it Issac. Since I see people like that misspell his name all the ****ing time.
This. This. THIS!

I've seen it so many times, I now pronounce it as ISSACK, with a wanabe Slavish accent.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
This. This. THIS!

I've seen it so many times, I now pronounce it as ISSACK, with a wanabe Slavish accent.
Yea have seen so many misspellings. Not just Issac but some other weird forms as well.

My friend who introduced me to the series also used to pronounce it in a really weird way.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Either around April (which gives us 3 months from the Jan Direct and 2 months from E3) or at E3 itself.

Edit: After Mewtwo is released though.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, I always saw Mewtwo as kind of a test run to see how well dlc is received within the community. If it sells well, I'm pretty sure we're going to see some new stuff. Especially the ones that Nintendo can use to hype up upcoming games that are not AAA titles, such as the new Starfox or Splatoon. Then again, maybe they do give us the new Zelda villain or whatever.

But I can really see them using Smash DLC mainly as a means of getting people interested in the games. And, quite honestly, they'd be stupid not to grasp that opportunity.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be fair, I always saw Mewtwo as kind of a test run to see how well dlc is received within the community. If it sells well, I'm pretty sure we're going to see some new stuff. Especially the ones that Nintendo can use to hype up upcoming games that are not AAA titles, such as the new Starfox or Splatoon. Then again, maybe they do give us the new Zelda villain or whatever.

But I can really see them using Smash DLC mainly as a means of getting people interested in the games. And, quite honestly, they'd be stupid not to grasp that opportunity.
The "new" Zelda villain will probably be Ganondorf.

If future DLC is announced and we're correct about Camelot working on GS4, then Isaac's chances are high. Otherwise the chance of seeing Isaac DLC is basically dead.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The "new" Zelda villain will probably be Ganondorf.

If future DLC is announced and we're correct about Camelot working on GS4, then Isaac's chances are high. Otherwise the chance of seeing Isaac DLC is basically dead.
To be fair, I honestly believe we will see GS4 this year at some point, due to several factors.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I suspect the next Direct (probably in February/March) will cover Mewtwo, since they will release the DLC in Spring. Besides that, they may use Starfox Wii U to add Wolf as another DLC. Maybe before the E3 we might see a GS4 teaser and the official announcment at E3 and then, use the E3 as a way to announce both GS4 and Isaac DLC for Smash 4.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
When they announce Glass Joe as a Little Mac clone who damages himself like Pichu.

I think we'll see DLC in the next direct since now the New 3DS stuff is out of the way. Along with Golden Sun 4 since it'll probably feature new games as well. And then GC games on the eshop, including MGS: The Twin Snakes, which will add Snake back in. Yeah, one can only hope...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Using Golden Sun 4 as on of the first games to the New 3DS would be an excelent move from Nintendo and we would all win:
  • Nintendo promotes both the franchise and the new handheld
  • Isaac would very likely be announced as Smash DLC in order to fill his yet-unexplainable lack of AT or any GS content
  • Camelot finally solves all the mysterys that have been hanging around for years (such as Psyenergy Vortexes, Dark Adepts and Dark Psyenergy, possible Light Adepts to join the party?, what happened to the remaining Warriors of Vale, etc.)
  • If it gets to be as good as the first two or even better, then it will probably compensate the average DD sales, as well as probably increasing the third game sales in order to make people actually want to know what happened before

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I suspect the next Direct (probably in February/March) will cover Mewtwo, since they will release the DLC in Spring. Besides that, they may use Starfox Wii U to add Wolf as another DLC. Maybe before the E3 we might see a GS4 teaser and the official announcment at E3 and then, use the E3 as a way to announce both GS4 and Isaac DLC for Smash 4.
I'll be incredibly shocked if the next direct doesn't talk about Mewtwo in some capacity, they don't really have many more directs to bring it up if he's coming out in Spring.

You know, I could see them springing a "you can download Mewtwo straight after the direct" at us.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The thread title should be changed to "Isaac for DLC! - The Traumatizing Wait for Anything Golden Sun" cause this lack of Golden Sun since 2010 is killing me.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Using Golden Sun 4 as on of the first games to the New 3DS would be an excelent move from Nintendo and we would all win:
  • Nintendo promotes both the franchise and the new handheld
  • Isaac would very likely be announced as Smash DLC in order to fill his yet-unexplainable lack of AT or any GS content
  • Camelot finally solves all the mysterys that have been hanging around for years (such as Psyenergy Vortexes, Dark Adepts and Dark Psyenergy, possible Light Adepts to join the party?, what happened to the remaining Warriors of Vale, etc.)
  • If it gets to be as good as the first two or even better, then it will probably compensate the average DD sales, as well as probably increasing the third game sales in order to make people actually want to know what happened before
Dude. Golden Sun themed New 3DS. THAT would make me get one.

Top Bottom