• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is wifi always laggy?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I've tried buying an ethernet adapter and now I tried hooking up my wireless routher. Both ways my games have been laggy as hell and both times I tested with friends and with anyone. Any suggestions?

I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

Edit: I missed the lag alleviation thread. My apologies.

MastaShake99

Smash Journeyman
thats exactly how i am connected
its always gonna be laggy
but it also depends on your connection with the other players

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Buy a wii lan adapter. It helps cut the lag down tremendously.

But no matter what you do, there's always gonna be noticeable button input delay if you aren't like nextdoor to your opponent.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I have a "network card" that I got from a video game store. Its like an adapter so I can plug an ethernet cable straight to the back. Its not a nintendo made product though. Should that work as well as the nintendo made product.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Yeah, its ALWAYS laggy, you can get really good connections, but it will never be like it is irl.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
thats exactly how i am connected
its always gonna be laggy
but it also depends on your connection with the other players
I couldn't agree more, this is what I believe as well. My connection is very fast and works smooth, however when I played another person I was able to tell how everything went slowy tremendous. It should either be this or, maybe the Wifi is dealing with too much at once?

Top Bottom