• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Wario Evil here?

pocketfan09

Smash Rookie
i think that Wario isn't evil. My theory is that he needs someone's help, to save his gold or something, and he didn't think that anyone would help him willingly, so he captured zelda. When he revives her (if he can) then she will see he just needs help, so she will help him.

LukewarmHoliday

Smash Cadet
Wario probably wont be evil its not in his character. its in his character to do whatever gives him more money and if anything will probably loot the subspace guys of everything they have.

S2

Smash Lord
Since when was Wario ever a good guy though?

Even when he's in the starring role, he's up to stealing/pillaging/making money off of people.

Unlike some other Nintendo villians, his sole motivation is greed.

It's kinda cool that he's being portrayed a litte more evil here than he usually is. His motivation is probably still the same, but usually he is the end of a joke for it.

Seems like this is a little bit closer to what he was originally designed as (in Mario land 2)... where he is quite evil... but its evil motivated by greediness. Plus a little bit of Warioware style humor thrown in.

spindash

Smash Ace
Something tells me that Wario's on his own greedy crusade. While that may be evil in it's own right, I don't think he's working with the Ancient Minister.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Come on, it can't be that bad.

Maybe he's just kidnapping a princess to spend some quality time with her. Wario loves hot babes as much as he loves cash.

He'll probably turn good if he feels that it's profitable.

EDIT: Also, Wario is not typically bad. He's selfish and greedy, but look at:

Wario Land - bad intentions

Wario Land II - good intentions [for himself]

Wario Land 3 - the only thing wrong with his actions were that he didn't help them until he found out about a reward

Wario Land 4 - went treasure hunting

Wario World - trying to get his treasure back

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
He'll probably turn good if he feels that it's profitable.

EDIT: Also, Wario is not typically bad. He's selfish and greedy, but look at:

Wario Land - bad intentions

Wario Land II - good intentions [for himself]

Wario Land 3 - the only thing wrong with his actions were that he didn't help them until he found out about a reward

Wario Land 4 - went treasure hunting

Wario World - trying to get his treasure back
And yet what about his character in the Warioware games? (I'm asking because I've only played Smooth Moves for the Wii... and that was once in one-player, so I don't really know if there's anything there for Wario's character... other than greedily trying to steal whatever they called the Wiimote)

He's greedy in the WarioWare games. He doesn't do things to be bad, he just does things to make him better. He'll help ANYONE if it helps him.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Wario is motivated entirely by greed. If performing a malicious act will give him a profit, he will do it. If performing a good act will give him a profit, he will do it. He doesn't care about the means or the morality. He only cares about the bottom line for himself.

So, it doesn't really matter specifically what his past adventures have been. It's his willingness to commit atrocities for personal benefit that makes him "evil".

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I really think he's just doing it out of a lust for Zelda/Peach.

I can see it now. The main characters are all like "COME ON WE GOTTA RESCUE THE PRINCESS FROM WARIO'S CLUTCHES ARRGH UNNGH" and in reality the princess is just chilling out by a pool in Wario's castle eating chocolate truffles.

Top Bottom