• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is War and Peace really an epic novel?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
It's very long so I'm assuming it has a very complex plot, or perhaps just a lengthy one, but is it actually as exciting and epic and critics describe? Is it worth spending many hours of your life reading and furthermore is it a good book for new readers or slow readers learning to speed read to read? And finally, is it available in english and would one be able to find it in local libraries in London?

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I haven't read War and Peace (it's on my list) but I recently finished Moby Dick, another epic classic. If War and Peace is anything like that, it is definitely not for the new or beginning reader; it was a tough read but worth it.

And yes I imagine you would find it in any decent library.

Smash Master
It seems like to English people the best novels are the ones that take the longest time to say the simplest things.

In that regard, yeah, it's pretty good.

D

Deleted member

Meh, it was a book we had to read in Honors English in Senior year (believe me, wouldn't have read it otherwise) and it was very average.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Note: Just to clarify, I didn't mean that Moby Dick or War and Peace were epics (like the Iliad or Paradise Lost), just that they were "epic".

Top Bottom