• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this new?

Glusent

Smash Journeyman
I searched all the threads and found no mention of this, so i figured i'd post it here.

While a banana is at your feet, jump and immediatly press Z.

Several things happen:

1. Diddy jumps (Short hop or full hop)
2. Diddy airdodges
3. The banana that was previously at your feet seems to fall from the apex of the jump.

I dont see much of a use for it, but it is interesting.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm.. might be useful to trick people or something... if you press left or right the banana won't fall down though, but you can use your walking/running momentum to move right/left during it.

I'm not sure if it will be useful, but it looks like it can be.

Nice find though. This also works with other items.

Glusent

Smash Journeyman
yeah, the only use i could think of would be if your opponent was charging at you to quickly trip them and punish. But a simple shieldgrab works fine in that situation :(

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Yea a lot of Toon Link's do this with their SH Nair to pick the bananas I have on the ground. Im pretty sure you can nair/bair to pick the bananas up too.

IDK

Smash Lord
first you probably should have tried the QA thread, but OK find i guess.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yea a lot of Toon Link's do this with their SH Nair to pick the bananas I have on the ground. Im pretty sure you can nair/bair to pick the bananas up too.
That's not the point though.

The point is that the banana falls down again.

You jump and press Z. You get the banana and immediately air dodge and it falls down again.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Maybe to trick your opponent? =\

Like if both players run towards the banana and you do this and he might get hit by it... >_> I can't think of any other use...

Glusent

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the input, and ill be honest, I had no idea of any practical uses when i posted this

Top Bottom