• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this inescapable?

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
I know that PK Fire to PK Fire isn't a true combo, but under certain circumstances, if you space the PK Fire underneath an opponent will it become inescapable, even with the right DI?

I've tested it on a bunch of lvl. 9 CPUs, used it on a few human players and even got hit by it a few times before, and I'm wondering if any other Ness mains know what's up with this or if I'm just getting lucky landing these. I'm guessing you need to be pretty close to pull it off properly instead of just spamming it repeatedly, but I'm not sure.

Sorry for the terribad Quality in advance, I've only got 3DS Sm4sh but here's an example
at about 1:00

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
I believe with SDI working to a lesser extent PK Fire traps better, but I don't believe it will lock someone.
What it looks like happened in your video is the :4rob: was hit into the air by the first PK Fire and the following PK Fires stuffed his jumps causing him to be in the air without a jump. I think his best option there would be to have tried to hit the ground (:4rob: air dodge is frame 3-27, PK Fire has rehit rate of 6). Being on the ground would give the ability to not only dodge roll away from the fire, but also the ability to shield PK Fire and punish its tremendous end lag. Oh and for some characters with fast jabs (:4falcon: comes to mind) they can jab while being in the pillar so running up to them might get you punched.

Top Bottom