• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this fair?

ckm

Smash Journeyman
So I entered an online tourney on saturday. It took forever to get going, and forever to advance the brackets (60 people or so) Six hours into it, I had to leave to go to a friends birthday party, but figured I would stick around for one more match. I won, then told everyone I had to leave, reported the match results, and said that I understood that I would be DQ'd at the beginning of next round due to failure to show.

I didnt want to leave... but didnt have a choice. After checking the results last night, I see that they chose to DQ me BEFORE my last match, saying that the guy I beat last actually beat me. Basically they let him advance at my expense. My opponent ended up placing 5th (without any additional wins), and I placed 9th.

After seeing the results, and assuming it was merely some kind of clerical error, I sent a message to the tourney host mentioning the issue, and basically told me it was my fault for having to leave and not waiting longer (even though previous people had been DQ'd for not showing and they were DQ'd AFTER their most recent match, rather than before).

What do you guys think... is this fair?
I think its rediculous.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Not really.

But take it up in that tourney thread, or online forums or something. This is MK boards silly. And honestly its not that that important to have its own thread. People probably get jipped by dumb online hosters alot.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
If you played any other character than Meta Knight, it would be fair. But considering you're the grand master Halberd piloting Shuttlelooping piece of awesomness you were (RIGHT?), then no; it's not fair.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
not really fair but well, why do you care?
it's not like you really lost anything, or like u lost the tourny b/c of it.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Man that not fair, the guy who lost to you is a **** head man, he should have told the tournmant people that he lost instead of going on. I feel sorry for you but it dosent matter now. Just move on

chili

Smash Cadet
That is pretty shady.

What you should have done is not told them you had to leave. Then they would have counted your win normally, and then just have DQ'd you in the next round. :D

Top Bottom