• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this chain possible?

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this may have been asked a million times before, but is it possible to chain:

Dsmash>>Dsmash>>Up B>>Dsmash>>Dsmash>>Up B...etc. etc.....

In training mode it racked up around 160 percent on FD before it stopped pulling your opponent back towards the ground, at which case you'd have fresh aerials to kill with anyway.

Just wondering if it works; I'd guess it doesn't, otherwise ZSS would be a lot higher in the tier list. Still, just thought I'd ask.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
It works if your opponent puts his or her controller down to eat some chips or take a bite out of a sandwich. But that's about it. :p

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I'm sure this may have been asked a million times before, but is it possible to chain:

Dsmash>>Dsmash>>Up B>>Dsmash>>Dsmash>>Up B...etc. etc.....

In training mode it racked up around 160 percent on FD before it stopped pulling your opponent back towards the ground, at which case you'd have fresh aerials to kill with anyway.

Just wondering if it works; I'd guess it doesn't, otherwise ZSS would be a lot higher in the tier list. Still, just thought I'd ask.
This is so ****ing old I want to shoot you.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
IMO it's still worth attempting dsmashes after a successful grounded up+B, because there is little risk and the reward is great if you land it. It doesn't rack damage quite the way it does in training since decay comes into it, but you can easily tack on another 25-30% if you do land the dsmash and have the option of ending it on a high knockback move.

Also if you attempt it once and fail, you might be able to mindgame your opponent the next time by excepting the tech and chasing it with another move (aerial or side+B maybe?).

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
This is so ****ing old I want to shoot you.
Btw, it says you're at VT...V-Tech? I played some guy using the tag "Cake" in his matches, back then i mained marth and that person was a ZSS main. Was that you lol?

I was at radford, i went to 5 or 6 Tech friendlies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Also if you attempt it once and fail, you might be able to mindgame your opponent the next time by excepting the tech and chasing it with another move (aerial or side+B maybe?).
Note that if they tech in place dsmash will sometimes land a hit anyway. I've also toyed with timing the dsmash such that if they try to getup attack, I finish before they attack, shield the hit, then dsmash again, because dsmashing on shielded getup attacks almost always connects in lag time. If not, you're good to escape.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Btw, it says you're at VT...V-Tech? I played some guy using the tag "Cake" in his matches, back then i mained marth and that person was a ZSS main. Was that you lol?

I was at radford, i went to 5 or 6 Tech friendlies.
Yeah I go to VTech, what was your tag? I can't remember any Marth players really.

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I go to VTech, what was your tag? I can't remember any Marth players really.
Sometimes I play under "ReSh0p", other times "Iwan". Other players there were ummm....IceMan, EastCoast Eddie, Chillen showed up. There was only one ZSS main there lol.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I think I know which tournament you're talking about, but the only Marth main I remember was Fancy.

Top Bottom