• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is this an Infinite? (Framecounters welcome!!)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Like I said, if someone would be kind enough to check the exact frames on this, I would be very grateful. :)

On Pokemon Stadium, during Earth Mode (the one with the cliff on the left side), if you grab the ledge of the stage and hit X/Y, you will jump all the way to the ledge of the cliff. Immediately after you grab that ledge, hit back on the control stick and hold it for a bit, so that when you fall you grab the ledge of the stage.

Rinse and Repeat. :)

Does Ganon keep his invincibility frames throughout the whole movement? It seems that way but I want to make sure. This technique could be easily interrupted (someone could grab one of the ledges), as it is more for show than for competitive use. But its pretty cool.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes he does, look at tipman's triforce of power vid, he has bowser breathing flames as he does the infinite ledge hog, he doesn't take a single percent of damage

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yes he does, look at tipman's triforce of power vid, he has bowser breathing flames as he does the infinite ledge hog, he doesn't take a single percent of damage
I get the feeling you didn't read my full post. :dizzy:

I'm not talking about the regular infinite ledgegrab. I'm talking about on the left of Pokemon Stadium during Earth Mode. You grab the bottom ledge, jump to the top ledge, drop to the bottom ledge, jump to the top ledge, etc.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
oh that, i don't think that's infinite, i think he's turns vulnerable about halfway down, but not too sure though

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, ive been doing this for a while now, your fully invincible.
Sorry, but that's far from true. I've been hit out of this "stall". Granted, it's tough to be hit, but it's a great way to confuse people and stall for time none the less. Just don't try it for too long. There isn't much difficulty to this, but I would highly recommend mixing this up with the true infinite edge hog as demonstrated in Triforce of Power.

Of course, I'm sure someone is going to tell me I'm messing it up, but there is no room for error when all you do is press jump with no DI.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
i wouldnt question linguini. he makes 96% of all dorf mains look like they play smash using the power-glove.

while not having arms.

and covered in bees.

Top Bottom