• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there some sort of Diddy Kong social group?

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
Hi, I know for a few other characters there are social groups where people can join and talk about their character (through means of skype and other things) so I was wondering if diddy kong had a similar thing, and if i could join it. If there isn't one, I feel like starting one, but with diddy being such a popular character (MDiddy/VApe) I'm assuming its already been made.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Yeah we have a skypegroup. Its decently active, I haven't been on skype for a few weeks though. Umm I think @Praxis is really active in it and could be able to add you. Not sure if everyone has adding power.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
So there was a Skype group and I was never told. Ouch that hurts guys. Is my play style too eccentric. Is it because I need to get a new controller with a good c stick. Do I offend?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So there was a Skype group and I was never told. Ouch that hurts guys. Is my play style too eccentric. Is it because I need to get a new controller with a good c stick. Do I offend?
The diddy threads have just been super inactive and the skypegroup too. I think everyone is just playing and developing their play, and will come back to talk once 4.0 drops or something big happens

DeFish

Smash Apprentice
If the person running the Diddy skype groups sees this, add DeFish16 to the list.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
The diddy threads have just been super inactive and the skypegroup too. I think everyone is just playing and developing their play, and will come back to talk once 4.0 drops or something big happens
You mean like chain throws with follow-ups, extra air mobility movement options, and reset tech chases. Can't wait till someone finds those out. And there is still a lot of time before 4.0, so it couldn't hurt to learn some tech before release. Hopefully nothing happens to diddy. Still laugh at the idea of Jiggs not dying till 158% from a kill throw, and can't figure out why Lucas up throw is a stronger vertical equivalent of ness back throw(which should be the strongest in the game but is not.)

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing this out there. We have a diddy Kong video thread which is nice for people to get critiques for their play. I was wondering would it be worth posting a more current thread that has high level diddy play on it so that people have an easier time following the player they want to learn from. I know I learn best from strategizing and watching hi level play and others may benefit from it as well. YouTube hunts get kind of tedious over time (not knowing where to look) and this could help in overall improving the meta. The videos already listed are kind of old, and the players have undergone significant improvements in their play since they were posted. Just updating the current available thread till the new patch is an option, but don't think the nerfs will be that overly game changing. Thoughts on this? Could even note relevant streams such as Xanadu as well for reference links with time starts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom