• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there online for smash ultimate, if there is do i have to pay for it

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Unfortunately yes, because Nintendo's become quite the greedy moneygrubber lately with Switch Online. But I won't pay for anything if they reuse the same delay-based netcode from the Stone Age. Make it rollback, GGPO, or simply play over LAN; I'm not about to play with some kid who has wi-fi from a toaster.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately yes, because Nintendo's become quite the greedy moneygrubber lately with Switch Online. But I won't pay for anything if they reuse the same delay-based netcode from the Stone Age. Make it rollback, GGPO, or simply play over LAN; I'm not about to play with some kid who has wi-fi from a toaster.
Same.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Yes, but unless you have a LAN adapter the connection might not be the best, at least based on other online games on Switch.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Probably because online has been free to play for the past two games.
It's not like the online service will magically make it better, Splatoon still lacks servers, Mario Party is a joke online, Mario Tennis has delay and so on; it's just a cash grab that works because these games are too fun to not buy the service for.

But I really hope I am wrong and that the online service goes towards amazing netcode in Smash Bros Ultimate like other fighting games; but it sadly is unrealistic with Nintendo.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yep. But hopefully they'll fix all of the mistakes they made last time.

I recommend just playing with people you know IRL or go to tournaments if you can. For Glory, or all of online, for that matter, isn't the best place to go to if you're looking for consistent play.

D

Deleted member

Yes, you have to pay for Online this time around. 20$ a yr, and it comes with Cloud Storage your games, except splatoon and a few others I believe. It comes with 24 NES games, (And counting but they can only be played online)

So I mean, its a fair deal to me. Thats 1.67 a month so if you look at it that way, i'd say its worth it.

Im probably going to get some backlash for this, but the online isn't as bad as some people may make it seem. i've had Zero issues with it. Now yes, Smash is a different story. We will have to wait and see how that goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes, you have to pay for Online this time around. 20$ a yr, and it comes with Cloud Storage your games, except splatoon and a few others I believe. It comes with 24 NES games, (And counting but they can only be played online)

So I mean, its a fair deal to me. Thats 1.67 a month so if you look at it that way, i'd say its worth it.

Im probably going to get some backlash for this, but the online isn't as bad as some people may make it seem. i've had Zero issues with it. Now yes, Smash is a different story. We will have to wait and see how that goes.
I can see why you like it.

But i don't know if i should get it, since i'm not a person that plays online most of the time.

D

Deleted member

I can see why you like it.

But i don't know if i should get it, since i'm not a person that plays online most of the time.
If you plan on playing Smash online, you for sure are gonna need it, but if not, just dont worry about it. Im just getting tired of hearing only negative for online when ive had a decent experience with it you know?

D

Deleted member

If you plan on playing Smash online, you for sure are gonna need it, but if not, just dont worry about it. Im just getting tired of hearing only negative for online when ive had a decent experience with it you know?
I can see why.
And for the looks of it, it could be with that Crazy Hand user.

Top Bottom