• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there anyway to recover from under a slanted slope?

Megasabin

Smash Rookie
In stages like final destination or battlefield, if I get under the slanted part of the slope I seem to be screwed. Even if I press the up right diagonal when doing the recovery it will not catch the ledge, but rather send me to my death.

I was really liking the character until this. Does anyone know a solution?

Artisan

Smash Cadet
I messed around with this earlier - Falling a bit further than you normally would and casting it diagonally up and away from the platform seemed to work.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
You could also try floating towards the bottom of the ledge and smash-teleport up. Less risky but you have to recognize you're in a blind spot quickly enough to react.

Blind Spot is a term I made to represent a point at which it appears you can teleport to the ledge but actually cannot and blindly try to teleport without trying to alter your position by floating (such as the spot you keep finding yourself in.)

Katt Lombardi

Smash Rookie
I've been having the same problem. My best bet was to get myself in a position to teleport straight up to the ledge, since the port range is pretty good. The thing is, it kind of invites punishment, but you don't have much of a choice... :(

Top Bottom