• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Is there any way to remove model animations?

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
Posting this here, originally posted in the textures and visuals forum.

For example, is there any way to stop Luigi's fireball from rotating? Or the beams of Samus's grapple? I tried to delete the animation files in HSDRaw, to no avail.

I want to replace luigi's fireball texture, but due to how it rotates, you can't really make out what the texture is. Is there any way to remove the animation on this model?

DRGN

Technowizard
I don't know which files you deleted, but there are two fundamental, major problems with that. 1) There are typically many animations in the animation files, so deleting one file would actually delete a lot of stuff. 2) The game expects those to be there and would crash if it tried to read them if they're not there.

I'm sure this must be possible, but I haven't done much with editing animations. But there should be a material animation somewhere for rotating the fireball texture.

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
I don't know which files you deleted, but there are two fundamental, major problems with that. 1) There are typically many animations in the animation files, so deleting one file would actually delete a lot of stuff. 2) The game expects those to be there and would crash if it tried to read them if they're not there.

I'm sure this must be possible, but I haven't done much with editing animations. But there should be a material animation somewhere for rotating the fireball texture.
Sup Durgan, thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

I ended up scrapping the material animation angle, and dug around his neutral B's Parameters. I found that changing SpinSpeed from 200 to 0 effectively removed the spinning animation, without crashing the game!

Unfortunately, SpinSpeed seems to inexplicably be tied to Luigi's grounded Up-B. He doesn't leave the ground anymore, causing a desync on slippi. Furthermore, Luigi's fireball doesn't take his facing position into account, so I had to ditch the mod I wanted to make.

Last edited:

magy

Smash Rookie
you might see if theres a center point it rotates around, and make the radius it orbits at closer to 0? computers hard

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
you might see if theres a center point it rotates around, and make the radius it orbits at closer to 0? computers hard
Sounds interesting, if I revisit this project I'll be sure to try this out! Thanks for your input.

Top Bottom