• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any way to improve Gecko's chances of booting up using the hackless method?

Rick Rockmann

Smash Cadet
Gecko and P:M boot up properly from the stage builder menu about 95% of the time, but sometimes the actual Brawl stage builder menu will load, with nothing but New Stage and a stage with a black preview, which I assume is the Gecko launcher? At this point, doing anything will cause the game to freeze.

What I'm asking is, is this unavoidable, or are there any precautions I can take to make sure Gecko loads correctly every time?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
The hackles method has been around for a very long time and has been unchanged since it was released. There isn't really anything you can do to make it work 100% of the time. :/

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
I've found that if you use the Homebrew channel and boot Gecko OS through there it has a higher success rate. The only difference is an app folder on your SD card, it's an easy solution.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
The game is more likely to crash if you navigate to Stage Builder using Wiimote instead of Gamecube controller.

Top Bottom