• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Is there any way to disable jumping entirely?

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
Title says it all. Don't ask why, but I need to be unable to jump. Is there a way to change the jump buttons to something else completely, rather than just having the jump button and another button switch places?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Title says it all. Don't ask why, but I need to be unable to jump. Is there a way to change the jump buttons to something else completely, rather than just having the jump button and another button switch places?
Create a tag if you haven't already, go to the controller options, disable tap jump, replace any buttons bound to jump to whatever else, ignore the game's warning saying that you have unbound commands.
My question is: Why?

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
Create a tag if you haven't already, go to the controller options, disable tap jump, replace any buttons bound to jump to whatever else, ignore the game's warning saying that you have unbound commands.
He's completely right. But again why?

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
Create a tag if you haven't already,
Don't know what that is.
go to the controller options, disable tap jump,
Alright.
replace any buttons bound to jump to whatever else
Alright.
ignore the game's warning saying that you have unbound commands.
That doesn't happen, and I can still jump by pressing the buttons I assigned jumping to. Is there no way to completely disable jumping?
nu

Last edited:

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
U have to play using the tag u created. To do that co under the player one name listing there u can scroll through your tags to select the one u want. WHY?

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
U have to play using the tag u created. To do that co under the player one name listing there u can scroll through your tags to select the one u want. WHY?
Tapping my name on the Smash Fighter Select doesn't do anything, if that's what you mean.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
NOJUMP.png
The game will ask you if you really want to proceed with a layout with unbound actions. Say yes, and there you go.
Again: Why?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I guess you completely ignored this post's prefix, then...
This solves the issue. No tap jump means you can't jump by pressing up, and overwriting the X and Y keys with other bindings makes you have no jump.
If you're asking if you can have keys bound to nothing, then no, you can't. You can have unbound actions, but not unbound keys.

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
This solves the issue. No tap jump means you can't jump by pressing up, and overwriting the X and Y keys with other bindings makes you have no jump.
If you're asking if you can have keys bound to nothing, then no, you can't. You can have unbound actions, but not unbound keys.
Ok, but how do I do that? All I can do in the control settings screen is swap button functions around.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Swap.png

Highlight whatever key you want, press A, this little list will appear, and you can switch it to whatever it allows you to. Do this to whatever keys you want, and then test it. If any action is bound to no keys, they you get this warning.
Swap.png

That's basically it.

Attachments

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
View attachment 122357
Highlight whatever key you want, press A, this little list will appear, and you can switch it to whatever it allows you to. Do this to whatever keys you want, and then test it. If any action is bound to no keys, they you get this warning.
View attachment 122359
That's basically it.
I can't "highlight" options, I can only tap and drag them.
No list comes up when I tap an option, it just selects it so I can tap another option and have them swap.
I am on 3DS.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Yes, it seems you really cannot do this on 3DS, then.
The best you can do is disable tap jump and ignore the X and Y buttons.

EpicMario99

Smash Rookie
NNID
52yugoiram
3DS FC
1332-8218-2624
Yes, it seems you really cannot do this on 3DS, then.
The best you can do is disable tap jump and ignore the X and Y buttons.
Hm. Oh well. It seems kind of weird that you can change up all the controls on the WiiU, but the 3DS has locked pre-sets. Pretty unfair for us.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
It's a big reason why I migrated from 3DS to Wii U and I have no intention of coming back.

Top Bottom