• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any noticeable difference in lag for the 2 different Adapters?

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking the Wii Lan Adapter and the Wii U gamecube controller adapter. From people who've experience either of the variables for either adapter (with and without for the Lan Adapter, or the GC controller and, say, the Pro Controller for the GC controller adapter)? Is one more significant than the other, even slightly and in the .ms? Right now, with the GC controller adapter shortage, I have a spare $30 and want to decide on whether I should wait and get the GC controller adapter so I can finally play with my GC controllers, or if I should just go with my impatient side and get the LAN adapter.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
There's like no lag with GC adapter. There is sometimes for me, but that's just controller issues. I'd say get the LAN adapter, because there will be lag on a wireless, so you'll have an easier time online with a LAN adapter.
But really is up to you what you want to do.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
There's like no lag with GC adapter. There is sometimes for me, but that's just controller issues. I'd say get the LAN adapter, because there will be lag on a wireless, so you'll have an easier time online with a LAN adapter.
But really is up to you what you want to do.
My question for the GC adapter was more if there's a noticeable difference between the wireless controllers like the Pro compared to the GC (I always feel like there's a bit of a delay when using the Pro controller that's just compounded when playing online), I'd hope it has no input delay/lag by default.

Also, it's kind of saddening, since I bought an awesome original first party purple GC controller off my friend hoping that the GC adapters would come back in stock soon enough.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
The only times I've noticed any input lag in this game is when using a slow HDTV, or for some weird reason, when playing the Virtual Console demos in the Masterpieces. There's no lag difference between any controller options for me.

As for the Lan Adapter, you and your opponent are both still gonna need a good connection for online to work smoothly, but it really does help. Online in my Wii U was literally unplayable before I got the adapter, and worked perfectly fine after.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
If you can, say, watch Netflix on your wireless, you don't need the LAN adapter.

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Pro controller has no input lag. If it does, it is so insignificant that there is very little difference.

As for the lan adapter, it makes the online run much smoother, but if someone still has a crap connection, you are gonna feel it. At least you'll know it isn't you though, so long as you are not downloading/streaming/torrenting stuff while you are playing.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I use both of the adapters you're asking about and I've only had input lag in very rare matches online, and it's usually when the connection itself is laggy to the point of practically not being playable. Definitely get the controller adapter when you can, but the network adapter is very nice to have too, so I'd recommend picking one up. It'll keep situations like the one I mentioned to a minimum.

Top Bottom