• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any missle game with Samus? (or anything?)

Nyro

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfamousNyro
I felt like her missles were her left and rights in Brawl and thats what made her; but in this new game, there's no more cancel and I would like to know if anyone has figured out some kind of combination?

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
She has a mid range short hop Homing Missile approach game. What I usually do is pivot backwards >>Forward Missile (power or homing) If i'm being pursued. If the opponent is hit/blocks close ,follow up with a punish such as a throw/jab 1 retreat/forward smash. Samus relies on her missiles less than usual in this game and more on her full kit to win.

Nyro

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfamousNyro
She has a mid range short hop Homing Missile approach game. What I usually do is pivot backwards >>Forward Missile (power or homing) If i'm being pursued. If the opponent is hit/blocks close ,follow up with a punish such as a throw/jab 1 retreat/forward smash. Samus relies on her missiles less than usual in this game and more on her full kit to win.
Thanks for the advice, I was doing stationary homing missles against DDDs and basically anyone with spacing projectiles... But I'll try this out, her non-canceling missles in this game really changed her alot. Thanks again! I hope others reply as well so we could share ideas.

DoubtComplex

Smash Rookie
I feel like run back pivot missiles are the only safe option since the recovery on them is so long. Missiles are only really strong when you have chargeshot and against large opponents or opponents who cant powershield. Since the recovery is so bad any reflector/fast projectile kinda neutralizes your option to approach off of missiles so you have to just shoot missiles that wont hit and hope they get bored or impatient.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
At the high level, top players will be at close or mid range of you at all times. This shuts down missiles and limits Zair. Since missiles cannot cancel anymore, this really only leaves Zair. So to answer your question, no, missiles do not have any type of real use.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
Well in Air they're a good option if the opponent isn't close enough. Once of the stage, using missiles as well as charged shots to avoid recovery is also an option. I use missiles to hit somebody trying to grab the edge since they curve. Super Missiles have a long range and put in some good damage. Combining Super missiles or missiles with a Dash Attack makes it a bit saver (yet try not to be predictable). If Zair doesn't hit and you're still in the air, try a missile. Distance should be long enough for you to get a shot without a punish. Yeah, most of the time it'll be a close, mid range match. But there's always a chance to use them. Of course, we can't compare this to Brawl, where missiles were a must.

N810

Smash Cadet
A amount of time I tend to land Missile to Charged Blast. I'll mix it up with a short hop before the charge blast and if both hit, it's an instant shield break. Other than that, I use the weaker missiles while they return on stage.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
I would say missiles are one of the best options when you have a fully charged Charge Shot.

Nyro

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfamousNyro
So the fully charged site must be really good with the missiles! Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I'll try it out.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Her missile game is pretty intact (but different) in my opinion. Though they dont ko like in melee, they can stack lots of damage and have mixup and combo potential. You cant double mssile cancel, but you can certainly zair to missile, which is viable at mid range. You can also fire nice chains of alternating homing and power missiles just from the ground to mix up your opponent. Back dash pivot missiles is a great reactionary tactic, as someone stated above. I advise leading off with homing most of the time since the recovery time is less and leaves you more time to make a viable follow up. Note that with a full charge shot ready, missiles can be a huge pain for you opponent since they will be paranoid about the charge shot.

That said, not being able to cancel them anymore is hugely disappointing and I can't understand why they would take away such a bread and butter from a character that was already an underdog in the first place, especially considering she could do it in Brawl, yet they still cant kill just like in Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom