• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there any Manitoban Smash 4 Players?

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
I've just been wondering within the southern Manitoba area, since like I want to try a locals or something, but nothing in the area.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
In Winnipeg? Yes. There has been a scene for quite some time now. We have a Melee/PM Monthly coming up this Saturday. Tell your friends to come!

In terms of Smash 4 I'm not sure whether or not we'll host tournaments for it. The majority of our players are really into Melee and PM is kind of a side thing. It might be a possibility in the future.

Last edited:

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
In Winnipeg? Yes. There has been a scene for quite some time now. We have a Melee/PM Monthly coming up this Saturday. Tell your friends to come!

In terms of Smash 4 I'm not sure whether or not we'll host tournaments for it. The majority of our players are really into Melee and PM is kind of a side thing. It might be a possibility in the future.
XD I've been practicing Sm4sh.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143

So there is only that Winnipeg one? Since I was wondering if there was something in Brandon that wouldn't require a trip. XD

Last edited:

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
So there is only that Winnipeg one? Since I was wondering if there was something in Brandon that wouldn't require a trip. XD
Brandons a pretty small town man. The best chance of you having a Smash fest is just hosting one on your own, or try to convince your Teacher at School if you can have an after School Smash Club. It's a pretty popular game so I'm sure there'll be interest at whatever School you go to.

Last edited:

Lights

Smash Apprentice
Bobby plz
Brandons a pretty small town man. The best chance of you having a Smash fest is just hosting one on your own, or try to convince your Teacher at School if you can have an after School Smash Club. It's a pretty popular game so I'm sure there'll be interest at whatever School you go to.
Bobby plz, u do that

B0SHI

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smash-Master69
Hey I'm a smasher here in Winnipeg Too, do you think If I and some friends organized Smash 4 competitions anyone would show up? I really want to get a scene for the new one started up, Melee and PM are great but there is so much opportunity to get a fresh experience going as well with this one that its a bummer if no one locally would want to be involved. So far its just an idea but it could happen if there's enough support from locals to ensure we could cover venue rentals and prizes financially. Well let me know your guys thoughts, really hard to find local players but I guess I'm not really that involved in winnipeg LOL

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Hey I'm a smasher here in Winnipeg Too, do you think If I and some friends organized Smash 4 competitions anyone would show up? I really want to get a scene for the new one started up, Melee and PM are great but there is so much opportunity to get a fresh experience going as well with this one that its a bummer if no one locally would want to be involved. So far its just an idea but it could happen if there's enough support from locals to ensure we could cover venue rentals and prizes financially. Well let me know your guys thoughts, really hard to find local players but I guess I'm not really that involved in winnipeg LOL
I totally support this. I live in Winnipeg too and I would love to join.

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
It really depends on how well you can advertise your event. A bad example would be All of Your Base 27. There was only 13 entrees for the Melee tournament. This is a bi-yearly event that is REALLY huge in the city, but somehow couldn't pull a decent amount of Smash players. This is because they did not advertise it properly, along with only mentioning it on our Facebook page a week prior to the event. Our monthlies average 60-70 people.

Also The Manitoba Theatre for Young People are hosting a Smash 4 event this Saturday. It should give you insight of the potential interest in the city.

I totally support this. I live in Winnipeg too and I would love to join.

B0SHI

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smash-Master69
Cool thanks for the heads up!, Ill be sure to check that out and see if I can get some more interest. Always down for some melee and PM but this new one is just so cool I can't see it being just left absent from competitive play altogether, Good too see some interest from around the local area.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
It really depends on how well you can advertise your event. A bad example would be All of Your Base 27. There was only 13 entrees for the Melee tournament. This is a bi-yearly event that is REALLY huge in the city, but somehow couldn't pull a decent amount of Smash players. This is because they did not advertise it properly, along with only mentioning it on our Facebook page a week prior to the event. Our monthlies average 60-70 people.

Also The Manitoba Theatre for Young People are hosting a Smash 4 event this Saturday. It should give you insight of the potential interest in the city.
Link to an online source plz? XD

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Fellow Winnipeggers! How's it going?

Here's the Winnipeg Smash Bros Facebook page if anyone's interested. Usually a good source for weeklys and all that.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpgsmash/

Also, MTYP is holding a Smash4 tourney? That sounds awesome.

Last edited:

Saloah

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ulachagi
3DS FC
1762-3978-3128
Smasher in Winnipeg, anything on the weekends would be great! Specifically smash 4

Last edited:

Glazed_Soul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glazed_Soul
3DS FC
1263-6203-7457
You could always try BUGA (Brandon University Gamer's Association). I'm not positive on how active they are right now, but they usually get together on Fridays. It's been awhile since I've been to one, but it's definitely a casual environment with the possibility of friendly competition.

Top Bottom