• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a way to improve my reflexes in or outside Sm4sh?

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of trouble with my bad reflexes, and also i have a hard time remembering to use my shield. Is there a way that i could improve my reflexes in or outside of sm4sh? I just want to know because it is the clear problem with the way i play. I'd survive much longer if i could actually dodge those smash attacks that come out of nowhere. I really have a hard time doing so. Maybe i'm not playing serious enough, but i'd like to know how reflexes can be improved, or even how you improved yours. And no, i can't read opponents for the life of me. I don't plan on learning how to until i can actually dodge afterward without being too slow and getting hit anyway. Help would be greatly appreciated!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
One method that I know of that can help you that I use is to play more action oriented games, namely shooters. My reaction times have improved when playing games that require me to "act fast", especially on harder difficulties where punishment is more severe if I don't.

It's also a scientifically backed method.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
One method that I know of that can help you that I use is to play more action oriented games, namely shooters. My reaction times have improved when playing games that require me to "act fast", especially on harder difficulties where punishment is more severe if I don't.

It's also a scientifically backed method.
Thanks for that answer! I'll try that if i can. Sorry for the late response btw

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Agreed with the above post. Your reflexes do improve with repetitive actions as well, so honestly, one thing you can do is just play the game more!

Top Bottom