• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a way at all I can beat a standard cloud player

D

Deleted member

I get CREAMED when I battle cloud I have heard that Jiggs vs cloud is almost as unwinnable as it gets but is there a way I can win that machup??

Luminario

Smash Lord
Probably not. Cloud beats out Jiggs' air game by miles. The only thing I can suggest to do is punish unsafe attacks, though he doesn't have much of those.
Best idea, switch to a better fighter or wait for Ultimate and see if they improved Miss Jiggly.

D

Deleted member

Probably not. Cloud beats out Jiggs' air game by miles. The only thing I can suggest to do is punish unsafe attacks, though he doesn't have much of those.
Best idea, switch to a better fighter or wait for Ultimate and see if they improved Miss Jiggly.
Aw man ok I have been trying to learn Meta Knight does he have a better matchup I think I'm going to spend a lot of time learning every character so I can always have a good matchup at my disposal

Luminario

Smash Lord
Aw man ok I have been trying to learn Meta Knight does he have a better matchup I think I'm going to spend a lot of time learning every character so I can always have a good matchup at my disposal
Meta Knight will fare much better against Cloud than Jiggs, but always remember that that it's always going to be an uphill battle against Cloud due to how outrageous his potential is and how unbalanced he is.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I actually beat a Cloud at a local once. use a lot of smartly timed air dodges, and use hard reads with forward smash, and always try to back throw him offstage as it has a nice angle.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Yes, it's in Cloud's favor obviously but it's winnable. Although, we can't really help you much if we don't see you play, if you want good advice on what to improve on ask your opponent to play friendlies with you after the set or take a replay and share it with others so they can analyze it and point out where you can improve. I'll try to give a couple general tips though, try to weave around in the neutral if you don't already do so and bait their attacks, watch Cloud and watch his actions, study their habits, and see what you can make them do that you'll be able to punish, his aerials are generally very safe but they do have end-lag and you can make them misspace them. Take note of when they like to use their Limit moves, but always be aware of those moves while they have limit. Also, be aware that their grab can be fatal, if they have limit and the percent is right they have a inescapable kill confirm on you, don't let them grab you.

D

Deleted member

Thanks to all that helped I will use MK or Little Mac depending on the playstyle thx

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Thanks to all that helped I will use MK or Little Mac depending on the playstyle thx
If the Cloud player is good then Little Mac might not be a good idea, Cloud juggles and edgeguards Little Mac hard, making it really hard to land and recover.

D

Deleted member

If the Cloud player is good then Little Mac might not be a good idea, Cloud juggles and edgeguards Little Mac hard, making it really hard to land and recover.
I know but I can fluently use Little Mac so it will make the matchup easier

Top Bottom