• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a standard(ish) rule-set yet?

Ringedge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ringedge
I am running a tournament and am not quite sure of what people think is good other than the rule-set posted on r/smashbros a while back (side note, R.I.P. r/smashbros). So I decided this is what I would use, and I would like to know if there are standards I am missing.

- 2 stocks
- 6 minute timer
- items and customization off
- timeouts are to be decided by stocks then percents, if both happen to be the same, the match will be played again in full
- No excessive stalling (Running away for over 1 minute)
- No infinites
- You may not play on any stage you have won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players (DSR)
- stage striking is 1-2-1
- stage strike for the first match, then next match winner bans 2 stages (1 in best of 5) and then loser picks stage, winner then may switch character then loser. Repeat until the set is over.
- All sets will be best of 3 besides Winners, Losers, and Grand Finales, which will be best of 5. YOU MAY NOT CHANGE THE NUMBER OF THE MATCHES TO BE PLAYED IN A SET

Stage List:

Neutural:

- Finale Destination (This includes omega forms of stages)
- Battlefield
- Yoshi's Island
- Prism Tower
- Arena Ferox

Counter-Picks:

- Brinstar
- Reset Bomb Forest
- Rainbow Road

Last edited:

ConiK

Smash Rookie
NNID
SowhaK
3DS FC
2208-6066-7177
This is something I'd like to know as well.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Right now, there is really no set standard. What I normally do is play 3 stock, 8 minutes.

Top Bottom