• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64, Melee, PM & Wii U Is There a scene in Montgomery, Al or Birmingham,Al? If so what games.

King Boo

Smash Rookie
So I've been applying to colleges and my projected colleges would most likely be located in Birmingham or Montgomery. What I wanted to know is what scene is located there or whether or not I should try and create one.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Disclaimer: Many people, myself included, would like to stress that choosing your college shouldn't be based on the smash scene. Pick wisely.

We do have a scene in Birmingham, and I believe 3 tournament organizers that can schedule tournaments. However most in the state like to carpool to our bigger monthly in Huntsville. If you're super big on Melee then you're fortunate enough Tuscaloosa close to both of the locations you mentioned above.

As far as we are aware, Montgomery doesn't have much of a scene at all. We do have a couple of people wanting to do smashfests there but to my knowledge that's as far as interest has gotten.

If you've any questions, or would like to know smashers in the state, join our facebook group where the discussion about tournaments.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

Or refer to the first page of the Alabama Thread for tournament dates:
http://smashboards.com/threads/alabama-thread-10-6-2015-update.81996/

King Boo

Smash Rookie
Disclaimer: Many people, myself included, would like to stress that choosing your college shouldn't be based on the smash scene. Pick wisely.

We do have a scene in Birmingham, and I believe 3 tournament organizers that can schedule tournaments. However most in the state like to carpool to our bigger monthly in Huntsville. If you're super big on Melee then you're fortunate enough Tuscaloosa close to both of the locations you mentioned above.

As far as we are aware, Montgomery doesn't have much of a scene at all. We do have a couple of people wanting to do smashfests there but to my knowledge that's as far as interest has gotten.

If you've any questions, or would like to know smashers in the state, join our facebook group where the discussion about tournaments.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

Or refer to the first page of the Alabama Thread for tournament dates:
http://smashboards.com/threads/alabama-thread-10-6-2015-update.81996/
Thanks for the reply, I'm already apart of the Alabama Smash League and live in Tuscaloosa. Not a big melee fan. I'll be sure to remember that disclaimer

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
I wish I had seen this earlier to tell you there was a double/singles tournament here in Birmingham. More specifically Bluff Park. The drive is about half way in between HHS and UAB. Great locaion. We had 30 teams for doubles and 61 people for singles. We will most likely hold another one in January, but don't quote me on that. Also, I am pretty sure there will be a Birmingham Brawl in Homewood sometime in December so be on the look out for that.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hi. My name is Dinowulf. Former player in pensacola. moving back to selma. I'm going to try to build a scene for montgomery. So stay tuned in the near future.

Hutmangogo

Smash Rookie
I wish I had seen this earlier to tell you there was a double/singles tournament here in Birmingham. More specifically Bluff Park. The drive is about half way in between HHS and UAB. Great locaion. We had 30 teams for doubles and 61 people for singles. We will most likely hold another one in January, but don't quote me on that. Also, I am pretty sure there will be a Birmingham Brawl in Homewood sometime in December so be on the look out for that.
I can vouch, it was a great tournament. I am 100% for that tournament partly because its so close to my house and partly because the scene in Bham is lacking compared to Huntsville and Tuscaloosa

Top Bottom