• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is there a hacked PAL?

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was wondering if there is such a thing like the hacked spqr.iso for pal? nobody bothers about pal so it would be pretty cool. if not could anybody hack a pal version to that extend so that you can replace every music/texture thats ntsc? or would that be hard to do? no clue

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Isn't it...the same?

The only files you'd have to change are the ones that are '.usd', and I remember reading you can just rename them to '.ukd' or whatever.

Some of the hackers are from PAL regions, no?

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
please explain it better. what exactly do i have to do or just start by telling me how far is it possible to hack a PAL disc and then what i have to do to hack a pal disc.

lolpoundslap

Makai

Smash Apprentice
Use GCRebuilder to extract the hacked ntsc iso. Do the same thing with a normal PAL iso. Replace the &&SystemData folder from the ntsc iso with the &&SystemData folder from the PAL iso. Then open the hacked ntsc folder in GCRebuilder's root mode. Hit save, then rebuild. Done. It should work after that, although the textures that are US ntsc exclusive won't work unless you do what MasterShake says and that works (I don't know).

I converted 1.1 to 1.0 this way, so I assume it works for PAL

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
Directory C:\........\root\audio\fr\ not found

so it doesnt work. theres still the hope i did something wrong since im dumb but dunno what it could be. has someone ever been able to do this? converting 1.0 to pal? would be paradoxical actually.

PoundSlap

Smash Journeyman
thats what i did but i got this error message afterwards. try it yourself and download pal (its a good version aynway) and see that it does not work. no, actually i mean please dont verify that it doesnt work. verify that it does work!

it cant be working though since there are language differences. is it then an english/japanese version with a short up-b of fox? that must be weird.

smakis

Smash Ace
lol, why are you doing this so much more complicated than it has to be?

Extract a pal iso, delete all movies (single player), all unused songs, create a bunch of copies of the 75kb hpsfile and rename them to have the same names as the files you deleted (in order to make the game not crash in case you decide to ever play on any of these stages).

There is no need to even touch a ntsc iso, all that matters is making enough room in the iso for larger files.

Still have a hack ready pal iso up on megaupload, check your pm's : >

Top Bottom