• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is there a difference between tap and smash DI?

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Or are they just two different ways to produce the same end result? I understand tilt DI, I have this down, but the other two I'm confused about.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no, there is no difference. Tap DI was the name given to Smash DI when brawl came out by brawl players who didn't know about SDI

Last edited:

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
So can you use the Analog stick? Or must you use the C-Stick? And are you pressing it rapidly, on-hit (or near) or simply holding it like Tilt DI?

Royal-X

Smash Ace
I'm fairly sure that you can use both the C-Stick and the Analog. Tapping it rapidly is how it's done. To see it in effect just go to training mode and detonate a Smart Bomb near yourself. By using SDI you can usually escape it before the final explosion.

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to use both the analog and the c-stick to increase potency? Or do they override/not do anything together? Do you tap it on-hit or just as fast as you can?

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Yes. Using the Analog stick and C-Stick at the same time will only register as one input. Using them interchangeably however does increases the potency. I believe you tap it while still in hitlag(not hitsun), so as close to on hit as possible.

Top Bottom